MMA

  • Cody Garbrandt off UFC 213, Demetrious Johnson vs. TJ Dillashaw planned for August

    With Cody Garbrandt vs. T.J. Dillashaw scrapped from UFC 213, it looks as if Dillashaw will get to fight flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson in August.

    Two weeks ago, UFC bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt was reportedly uncertain to make July’s UFC 213 pay-per-view with a back injury, and now it’s been made official that he’s out. With Garbrandt vs. T.J. Dillashaw off, that opens the door for the former bantamweight champion to move down to flyweight and take on the sport’s pound-for-pound best, Demetrious Johnson. ESPN’s Brett Okamoto relayed this information on Tuesday night’s SportsCenter.

  • Colby Covington open to fights with ‘syrup sucker’ GSP, Nick Diaz, Khabib, McGregor

    Colby Covington calls out a who’s who of UFC fighters, including ‘syrup’ sucking Canadian Georges St-Pierre.

    Colby Covington is determined to fight the winner of the upcoming welterweight title bout between Tyron Woodley and Darren Till at UFC 228 but, should either man decide to take a hiatus after Sept. 8, ‘Chaos’ has a list of alternative names he’d be willing to fight.

  • Colby Covington wants three world titles: I want to go down to 155 and up to 185

    UFC welterweight contender Colby Covington has grand plans for himself in the near future.

    UFC welterweight contender Colby Covington is currently slated to fight for the interim 170-pound title against former lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos. And if he does end up winning UFC welterweight gold, he is not planning to stop there.

  • Colby Covington: I ‘hold all the cards’ vs. Tyron Woodley

    Colby Covington says he’ll be the one who gets to decide when and where he fights Tyron Woodley.

    Newly-crowned UFC interim welterweight champion Colby Covington is the one calling the shots over official champ Tyron Woodley.

    After beating Rafael dos Anjos to win the interim title at UFC 225, ‘Chaos’ believes he is the one who gets to dictate the terms for his inevitable title unification bout vs. ‘T-Wood’ later this year.

  • Conflicting reports surface over Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather negotiations

    The fight that just won’t go away could be getting closer to becoming a reality... depending on who you ask.

    We’re starting to trend into that weird territory so exclusive to combat sports where a fight can be both 99% a done deal, and at the same time nowhere near completion. The Pacqiuao-Mayweather zone, for short.

  • Conor McGregor ‘struggling’ to see how Floyd Mayweather lasts 2 rounds with eight-ounce gloves

    Conor McGregor doesn’t believe Floyd Mayweather will make it past the second round on Aug. 26.

    It hasn’t been decided yet, but the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) is currently reviewing Floyd Mayweather’s request to change the 10-ounce glove size to eight-ounces on the night of his boxing showdown against Conor McGregor on Aug. 26.

  • Conor McGregor analyzes loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov, says ‘no problem’ if there’s no instant rematch

    Conor McGregor had an in-depth recap of his UFC 229 loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov.

    If you want to know what Conor McGregor thought of his own loss to current lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229, he’s provided plenty of analysis and then some.

  • Conor McGregor can make eight-figure paydays with streaming service deal

    Veteran boxing promoter Oscar De La Hoya believes UFC superstar Conor McGregor could further boost up his brand and subsequent earnings with a streaming service deal.

    Last month, boxing superstar Canelo Alvarez signed a landmark deal with streaming service DAZN. The said contract guarantees the Mexican champion $365 million for 11 fights, giving him at least $33 million per fight.

  • Conor McGregor contractually forbidden from ‘going rogue’, throwing elbows or kicks at Floyd Mayweather

    It appears that Floyd Mayweather insisted on pure boxing rules for his fight with Conor McGregor, and it will cost Conor a lot of money if he goes off script.

  • Conor McGregor hopes to ‘legitimize’ UFC lightweight title with long-awaited defense

    After a run of “money fights,” we may finally see a UFC title defense from lightweight champion Conor McGregor in the near future.

    Conor McGregor seems finally ready to defend his UFC title. As the organization’s most popular fighter (by far) – and the only one currently who attracts a mainstream audience – the Irishman superstar has had a run of “money fights”; fights that don’t make the most sense going by the rankings but receive lots of attention and a lot of pay-per-views. Most notably, McGregor’s last bout, his boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather in August.

  • Conor McGregor insists he’s still two-weight champion: ‘You ain't doing nothing’

    Conor McGregor claims he has yet to be contacted by the UFC regarding the stripping of his featherweight title.

    In late November, reports surfaced about the stripping of Conor McGregor’s UFC featherweight title. After being unable to defend it for an entire year, the UFC had apparently decided to take it away from him and reinstate then interim titleholder Jose Aldo as the undisputed 145-pound world champion.

  • Conor McGregor issues statement on signing ‘historic contract’ to fight Floyd Mayweather

    Conor McGregor spoke about signing a deal to box Floyd Mayweather.

    Dana White recently went on TNT after an NBA Playoffs broadcast to give an update about the Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor boxing match, and announce that McGregor’s side of the deal has been finalized. The two-division champion has since issued his own statement, saying he has signed a historic contract.

  • Conor McGregor pleads guilty to disorderly conduct, avoids jail time for bus attack

    Conor McGregor avoided jail time and will not have a criminal record for his actions prior to UFC 223.

    Conor McGregor will not be serving jail time for his actions prior to UFC 223, and his travel visa will not be affected, clearing his way to resume his MMA career.

  • Conor McGregor ranked at 24 in Forbes’ Top 100 highest paid athletes list for 2017

    Three boxers also join Conor McGregor in Forbes’ top 100 list.

    Last year, Conor McGregor was ranked #85 in Forbes’ Top 100 Highest Paid Athletes list after having 3 successful pay-per-view bouts with the UFC. This year, he was credited for just 2 fights, but he still managed to earn significantly more, jumping up 61 slots to #24 on the list.

  • Conor McGregor responds to Floyd Mayweather: ‘F—k the Mayweathers, except Senior and Roger’

    Conor McGregor issues a response to Floyd Mayweather’s offer to train at the Mayweather Boxing Club in Las Vegas.

    A little over a year ago, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor fought each other in a highly-publicized boxing match. As expected by many, it was Mayweather who ended up winning via TKO, his first stoppage win in six years.

  • Conor McGregor says UFC ‘must entice me’: ‘I want equity, I want ownership’

    UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor has laid out some demands for his next fight.

    Whether it is a trilogy fight against Nate Diaz or a unification title fight against Tony Ferguson, Conor McGregor’s next MMA career move remains unclear. But what is certain is that he is not open to just sign on the dotted line of a contract without a handsome deal in place.

  • Conor McGregor told Dana White that 'bum' Tony Ferguson doesn't deserve 'a f—-ing dime'

    According to Dana White, Conor McGregor had some harsh words for top-ranked lightweight Tony Ferguson.

    Many fans consider Tony Ferguson to be the unofficial No. 1 contender in the UFC lightweight rankings, but 155-pound champion Conor McGregor doesn't think 'El Cucuy' deserves a 'f—-ing dime'.

  • Conor McGregor turns down Vasyl Lomachenko’s offer: ‘He’s skilled, but he’s not applicable in this camp’

    Conor McGregor declines Vasyl Lomachenko’s offer to step in as a sparring partner.

    Conor McGregor’s recent rifts with sparring partners have been a talked about topic, as of late. This all stemmed from his conflict with former world champion Paulie Malignaggi about some leaked boxing photos and supposed “mistreatment” and other issues.

  • Conor McGregor wants to rematch Nate Diaz at proposed weight class of 165 lbs.

    Conor McGregor would like to ‘spearhead’ a new weight division and fight Nate Diaz at 165 lbs.

    There’s been a lot of talk about the UFC adding a new 165-pound weight class to its rankings, but head president Dana White is not so fond of the idea.

  • Conor McGregor-Floyd Mayweather press conference set for July 11 in Los Angeles

    It looks like Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather will face off for the first time on July 11th.

    Are you ready for the promotional vehicle to start moving forward for the big Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather boxing match on August 26th? Well, it’s about to. Despite reports that McGregor and Mayweather would hold their first press conference in London, it appears that they will go face-to-face in Los Angeles first. On July 11th at the Staples Center, to be exact.