Boxing

  • Cleverly vs. Jack: Nathan sounding overconfident

    WBA World light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly (30-3, 16 KOs) thinks former 168 lb. world champion Badou Jack (21-1-2, 12 KOs) lacks the required experience in the 175 lb. division for him to win on Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

    Jack, 33, will be making the move up to light heavyweight against Cleverly in his first fight in that weight class. The World Boxing Association didn’t have any problems with Jack going straight to the head of the line despite him never having fought in that weight class.

  • Coach: Jose Aldo wants to finish UFC contract and pursue boxing ‘dream’

    Andre Pederneiras says Jose Aldo wants to pursue a professional career in boxing.

    Even before Conor McGregor was booked to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr., Jose Aldo expressed his desire to compete in the boxing ring.

    "Yes, I think about having a career in boxing, but I want to start from the bottom, start from zero. I want to get ranked and one day fight for a belt,” Aldo said in an interview earlier in January.

  • Conor McGregor calls early stoppage in Floyd Mayweather bout: ‘Let the man put me down’

    Following his defeat at the hands of Floyd Mayweather Jr. on Saturday, Conor McGregor was grateful for the opportunity to share the ring with one of boxing’s biggest stars, but he would have liked a little more time to work.

    Referee Robert Byrd stepped in to wave off their bout and award Mayweather the match by 10th-round TKO in the main event at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. McGregor was not knocked down at any point in the match, but the finish came after a series of unanswered blows from Mayweather that left the UFC lightweight champion on the ropes.

  • Conor McGregor: ‘100 percent’ my next fight will be in boxing, Mayweather and UFC like ‘good business’

    Conor McGregor is confident that he will compete in boxing, not MMA, on his next bout.

    Conor McGregor doubled up on recent talks about a possible boxing match with Floyd Mayweather. According to the 2-division MMA champion, whether the UFC is on board on not, he is confident his next bout will be in a ring instead of a cage.

  • Cotto looks to win WBO title against Kamegai on Sat.

    Miguel Cotto will be looking to win the vacant WBO junior middleweight title this Saturday night against Yoshihiro Kamegai at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. Unless Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs) has lost his boxing skills in the 20 months he’s been out of the ring since his last fight, he should have an easy time defeating the 34-year-old Kamegai (27-3-2, 24 KOs) this Saturday night on HBO Championship Boxing.

  • Cotto vs. Lemieux in play for Dec.2 on HBO in New York

    Miguel Cotto and David Lemieux could be facing each other on December 2 on HBO at Madison Square Garden in New York, according to Dan Rafael. If Cotto (41-5, 33 KOs) and Lemieux (38-3, 33 KOs) don’t face each other on that date, then Lemieux will still wind up on the undercard in the co-feature.

    Cotto, 36, would obviously be in the main event still, but against another opponent. This would likely be on HBO pay-per-view for the Cotto vs. Lemieux fight.

  • Crawford Defeats Horn by TKO in Round 9 in Las Vegas WBO Welterweight Title Bout

    Terence Crawford's introduction to the welterweight division was a dominant one on Saturday as he disarmed and clinically dismantled WBO champion Jeff Horn. Crawford (33-0, 24 KOs), who unified all four 140-pound titles last August, became boxing's latest three-division champion with a ninth-round TKO of Horn at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

  • Crawford faces Diaz this Saturday on HBO

    WBA/WBC light welterweight champion Terence “Bud” Crawford (30-0, 21 KOs) will be inside the ring defending his titles this Saturday night against 2008 Olympic gold medalist Felix Diaz (19-1, 8 KOs) on HBO World Championship Boxing at Madison Square Garden in New York. It’s nice to see Crawford fighting in a different venue than in Omaha, Nebraska, where he’s been fighting a lot lately.

  • Crawford fights Indongo on ESPN this Sat, hopes to broaden fan base

    Light welterweight champion Terence Crawford fights Julius Indongo on Saturday night in front of what is expected to be a sellout crowd of 10,000 fans at the Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Nebraska.

    Crawford, 29, is from nearby Omaha, Nebraska, hence that’s the main reason for him to be fighting in that state instead of the more traditional big fight locations like Las Vegas, Nevada, California and New York. Crawford is able to draw in Nebraska, but he has a lot of work to do before he can pull in boxing fans outside of his home state.

  • Crawford made mandatory challenger to Jeff Horn

    As of Thursday, Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs) has vacated his WBO light welterweight title, and he’s now been made the mandatory challenger to WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn (17-0-1, 11 KOs).

    Horn, 29, will be allowed to take a voluntary defense against fringe contender Gary Corcoran on December 13 in Brisbane, Australia. After that fight, Horn, if he’s victorious against Corcoran, he’ll have 90 days to defend his title against Crawford, 30.

  • Crawford says he’ll fight Errol Spence soon

    Terence “Bud” Crawford says he’ll be fighting IBF welterweight champion Errol “The Truth” Spence Jr. (22-0, 19 KOs), and he questions what’s so special about him. Crawford says he’s now fighting at 147 despite him not having given up all of his 140 lb. titles.

  • Crawford unhappy at not getting Pacquiao fight, seeing him lose to Horn

    Terence Crawford took to social media last Saturday night to complain bitterly about him not being allowed to fight Manny Pacquiao, and then the Filipino star losing to Australian Jeff Horn (17-0-1, 11 KOs) in Brisbane. Crawford didn’t say who wouldn’t let him fight Pacquio (59-7-2, 38 KOs), but it seemed to me like he might have been talking about his promoters.

  • Crawford vs. Indongo: Can you recall the last undisputed 140 Champion?

    Next Saturday, on August 19 at the Pinnacle Bank Arena, Lincoln, Nebraska, two boxers – Terence Crawford and Julius Indongo – will fight to earn the distinction to be called undefeated, undisputed Champion of the World. It’s disappointing that the circus exhibition bout keeps on getting that much attention from the major sports media puppets and instead this solid boxing bout it’s been quite overlooked.

  • Crawford, Charlo and Santa Cruz all favored

    Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs), Jermell Charlo (30-0, 15 KOs) and Leo Santa Cruz (34-1-1, 19 KOs) are favored to win their fights this Saturday night. Crawford will be fighting on ESPN against WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn (18-0-1, 12 KOs) in a fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

  • Crawford: Golovkin stops Canelo late

    Light welterweight champion Terence “Bud” Crawford is siding with middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs) to knockout Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (49-1-1, 34 KOs) in their big fight on Saturday night in Las Vegas, Nevada.

  • Dana White going into boxing promotion

    Dana White, the UFC president, is planning on branching out and going into boxing promotion. White was recently involved in the mega-fight between UFC star Conor McGregor and former multi-division boxing star Floyd Mayweather Jr. on August 26 last summer in Las Vegas, Nevada.

    While the fight was viewed as a joke by hardcore boxing fans, it still caught on with the casual fans and the diehard MMA fans. The fight brought massive numbers of PPV buys, hitting over 4 million, and raking in tons of dough for both fighters.

  • Daniel Dubois in Moscow to spar with Alexander Povetkin

    Daniel Dubois (8-0, 8 KOs) has flown over to Moscow, Russia to assist Alexander Povetkin prepare for his title fight against IBF/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua on September 22 at Wembley Stadium in London, UK. The 6’5” Dubois will work as a sparring partner for the 38-year-old Povetkin to get him ready for what he’ll be dealing with when he gets inside the ring with the 6’6” Joshua next month.

  • Daniel Jacobs has power to hurt Golovkin says Mora

    Sergio Mora says WBA ‘regular” 160lb champion Danny Jacobs has the punching power to hurt IBF/IBO/WBA/WBC middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin if he can get to his chin in the first three rounds. Mora believes that Jacobs has the better overall punching power than Golovkin. However, he feels that Golovkin has the better technique, which will kick in after the 3rd round if he’s still in the fight.

    Mora sees Jacobs as having a suspect chin that Golovkin could take advantage of if he can get him past the third round. 

  • Daniel Jacobs vs. Maciej Sulecki – Results

    Daniel Jacobs (34-2, 29 KOs) had to battle harder than expected to defeat previously unbeaten junior middleweight Maciej Sulecki (26-1, 10 KOs) in a WBA middleweight title eliminator match on Saturday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

  • Daniel Jacobs vs. Sergey Derevyanchenko headed to IBF purse bid on July 5

    The IBF ordered a purse bid for July 5 for the Daniel Jacobs vs. Sergey Derevyanchenko fight. The two fighters will be scrapping it out for the vacant International Boxing Federation middleweight title that was recently stripped from Gennady Golovkin for failing to commit to a title defense against IBF mandatory Derevyanchenko (12-0, 10 KOs) by the IBF mandated August 3 date.