Boxing

Boxing

  • Chavez Jr. says he ate little for 2 weeks before Canelo fight

    Golden Boy Promotions really did a good job of picking out Saul “Canelo” Alvarez’s last opponent Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. to fight their star fighter last Saturday night, but they also picked out a guy that was BADLY overweight and much too heavy to melt off the pounds to get down to the strict 164 ½ pound catchweight for their fight on May 6. Chavez Jr. says he ate very little in the last 2 weeks before the Canelo fight so that he could get down to the 164.5 pound catchweight.

  • Chavez Jr. wants Jacobs next, then Canelo-Golovkin winner

    Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is targeting Daniel Jacobs in his next fight, and if successful, then the winner of the September 16th match between Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Gennady “GGG” Golovkin. Chavez (50-3-1, 32 KOs) lost to Canelo by a 12 round unanimous decision last Saturday night in a one-sided affair from start to finish.

  • Chris Eubank Jr makes counter-offer to Billy Joe Saunders

    Chris Eubank Jr has branded WBO world middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders "a boring fighter" and demanded a rematch.

  • Chris Eubank Jr: The Time for Talk Is Over

    The Eubanks have always been a unique, quirky and controversial duo. Eubank Sr in particular, who is never afraid to make his feelings known, has always been very strongly opinionated. This propensity to talk hasn’t been backed up.

  • Chris Eubank Jr. defends against Arthur Abraham on July 15

    Earlier today, the news of the July 15 fight between IBO super middleweight champion Chris Eubank Jr. and Arthur Abraham was officially announced. Eubank Jr. will be defending his International Boxing Federation 168-pound title against former 2 division world champion Abraham at the Wembley Arena in London, England. This is a fight that Abraham can win if he throws enough punches.

  • Chris Eubank Jr. wants to fight on Joshua-Molina card

    Middleweight contender Chris Eubank Jr. wants to be added to the December 10 card headlined by IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua vs. Erick Molina at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England. The card will be televised by Sky Box Office pay-per-view. The 27-year-old Eubank Jr.

  • Cleverly vs. Braehmer: Does Nathan deserve this fight?

    Nathan Cleverly will be getting a world title shot in less than two months against WBA World light heavyweight champion Juergen Braehmer on October 1 at the Neubrandenburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany. Cleverly (29-3, 15 KOs) isn’t ranked in the top 15 by any of the sanctioning bodies right now, and it’s really not surprising given that he’s lost two out of his last three fights in the last two years.

  • Conor McGregor still interested in Mayweather fight

    Conor McGregor, one of the best fighters in UFC, says he’s still interested in fighting boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr. if he comes up with the money to make the fight happen. McGregor, 27, reportedly wants a 50-50 deal to fight Mayweather, and he says he would go into the match confident that he would beat him in a boxing ring.

  • Conor McGregor: ‘100 percent’ my next fight will be in boxing, Mayweather and UFC like ‘good business’

    Conor McGregor is confident that he will compete in boxing, not MMA, on his next bout.

    Conor McGregor doubled up on recent talks about a possible boxing match with Floyd Mayweather. According to the 2-division MMA champion, whether the UFC is on board on not, he is confident his next bout will be in a ring instead of a cage.

  • Crawford calls out Danny Garcia

    Terence Crawford called out World Boxing Council welterweight champion Danny Garcia (32-0, 18 KOs) for a fight earlier on Monday. Crawford sent a message to the unbeaten Garcia on Twitter, saying that he just beat the fighter that he didn’t want to fight in Viktor Postol.

  • Crawford doesn’t care about Postol’s height & reach advantage

    WBO light welterweight champion Terence “Bud” Crawford (28-0, 20 KOs) will be giving away three inches in height and reach to the 5’11” WBC 140lb champion Victor Postol (28-0, 12 KOs) this Saturday night in their fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

  • Crawford faces Diaz this Saturday on HBO

    WBA/WBC light welterweight champion Terence “Bud” Crawford (30-0, 21 KOs) will be inside the ring defending his titles this Saturday night against 2008 Olympic gold medalist Felix Diaz (19-1, 8 KOs) on HBO World Championship Boxing at Madison Square Garden in New York. It’s nice to see Crawford fighting in a different venue than in Omaha, Nebraska, where he’s been fighting a lot lately.

  • Crawford not likely to get Danny Garcia fight

    Terence Crawford took some shots at WBC welterweight champion Danny Garcia this week on Twitter for some unknown reason. Garcia took the high road by not firing back on the 28-year-old Crawford (29-0, 20 KOs) Crawford the way he would have if he had wanted to. Crawford’s trash talking won’t lead to him getting a fight against Garcia.

  • Crawford-Postol - Jr. Welterweight World Title Unification

    GILBERTO "ZURDO" RAMIREZ, Mexico's undefeated WORLD BOXING ORGANIZATION (WBO) super middleweight world champion with the matinee idol looks and two-time Mexican Olympian and undefeated No. 1 featherweight contender ÓSCAR VALDEZ, will headline the pay-per-view undercard topped by the junior welterweight world title unification battle between undefeated world champions TERENCE "BUD" CRAWFORD and "THE ICEMAN" VIKTOR POSTOL.

  • Crawford-Postol brings between 50K to 60K PPV buys

    As many boxing fans expected, the July 30 unification fight between WBO light welterweight champion Terence “Bud” Crawford (29-0, 20 KOs) and WBC 140lb champion Viktor Postol (28-1, 12 KOs) resulted in low pay-per-view buys on HBO. According to Dan Rafael of ESPN, the fight generated between 50,000 and 60,000 pay-per-view buys.

  • Cuadras: I have the power to beat Roman Gonzalez

    World Boxing Council World super flyweight champion Carlos “Principe” Cuadras (35-0-1, 27 KOs) believes he’s got the punching power and the speed to defeat former three division world champion Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez (45-0, 38 KOs) in their fight this Saturday night on HBO Championship Boxing at The Forum in Inglewood, California.

  • Cuadras: I think I won against Gonzalez

    World Boxing Council World super flyweight champion Carlos “Principe” Cuadras (35-1-1, 27 KOs) wasn’t too happy at losing his WBC 115lb belt to unbeaten pound-for-pound star Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez, (46-0-0, 38 KO’s) by a 12 round unanimous decision last Saturday night at The Forum in Inglewood, California. The hulking Cuadras, who looked like a featherweight in the ring last Saturday, claimed that he should have been given the decision by the judges.

  • Daniel Jacobs has power to hurt Golovkin says Mora

    Sergio Mora says WBA ‘regular” 160lb champion Danny Jacobs has the punching power to hurt IBF/IBO/WBA/WBC middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin if he can get to his chin in the first three rounds. Mora believes that Jacobs has the better overall punching power than Golovkin. However, he feels that Golovkin has the better technique, which will kick in after the 3rd round if he’s still in the fight.

    Mora sees Jacobs as having a suspect chin that Golovkin could take advantage of if he can get him past the third round. 

  • Daniel Jacobs hoping Sergio Mora won’t make rematch boring

    WBA World middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs (31-1, 28 KOs) will be fighting the unranked Sergio Mora (28-4-2, 9 KOs) in a rematch that few boxing fans want to see next month on September 9 at the Santander Arena in Reading, Pennsylvania.

  • Daniel Jacobs to Golovkin: “Never ran and I never will!!!”

    WBA World middleweight champion Daniel “Miracle Man” Jacobs (32-1, 29 KOs) and IBF/IBO/WBA/WBC middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs) had a brief exchange earlier today on social media in which Jacobs, 29, let ‘him know that he wasn’t planning on running from him by not taking the fight. Golovkin vs. Jacobs shapes up to be a war from start to finish.