Boxing

  • Arum: I’d rather one of my guys fight Pacquiao

    It looks like former eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38 KOs) is going to be fighting one of his promoter Bob Arum’s fighters on November 5 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

  • Arum: Maybe Lomachenko will go to 140

    Top Rank boss Bob Arum says super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko is so good that he’ll make a joke out of WBC lightweight champion Mikey Garcia and WBA champion Jorge Linares when he moves up to the 135-lb. division in 2018.

  • Arum: Pacquiao is ready for Mayweather after Vargas

    Manny Pacquiao is fighting WBO welterweight champion Jessie Vargas on November 5, not because of his World Boxing Organization title or for the money that he’ll be getting from the fight on pay-per-view.

  • Arum: The Crawford-Horn winner will be the next superstar at 147

    Bob Arum of Top Rank believes the winner of the June 9 fight between WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn and Terence Crawford will be the next super star of the 147 lb. division. Arum promotes both fighters, and he thinks that their next fight in less than one month will create the new star at welterweight.

  • Badou Jack battles Nathan Cleverly on Aug.26

    Former WBC super middleweight champion Badou Jack (21-1-2, 12 KOs) will be back inside the ring soon this month in challenging WBA World cruiserweight champion Nathan Cleverly (30-3, 16 KOs) on the undercard of the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor card on August on Showtime PPV at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

  • Badou Jack calls out Adonis Stevenson after beating Cleverly

    Moments after stopping a WBA World light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly (30-4, 16 KOs) in the 5th round last Saturday night, Badou “The Ripper” Jack (22-1-2, 13 KOs) called WBC 175 lb. champion Adonis “Superman” Stevenson (29-1, 24 KOs) for a unification fight. With his impressive win over Cleverly, Badou Jack stole the show from the main event fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor.

  • Badou Jack vs. Nathan Cleverly – Results

    Former super middleweight champion Badou Jack (22-1-2, 13 KOs) trounced WBA World light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly (30-4, 16 KOs) in stopping him in the 5th round on Saturday night on the undercard of the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor card on Showtime pay-per-view from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

    Jack, 33, battered Cleverly, bloodying his nose and hitting him at will until referee Tony Weeks stepped in to stop the slaughter at 2:47 of round 5. Cleverly was just covering up, taking shots and not letting his hands go nearly enough to keep Jack off him.

  • Bellator's Michael Page anticipates return to boxing ring before cage, but 'MMA is still my home'

    While Michael Page has had a remarkable run in his still-unbeaten MMA career, “how good is he” comes up a lot because of the level of competition he’s faced. The conversation seems to remain as Page makes his way up in pro boxing, as well.

  • Bellew to fight in December, wants Andre Ward

    Former WBC cruiserweight champion Tony “Bomber” Bellew (29-2-1, 19 KOs) says he’ll be fighting in December, and he feels he’s closer to a fight against light heavyweight champion Andre “SOG” Ward than he is in a rematch with David Haye. Thanks to a timely Achilles tendon injury Haye suffered in their fight on March 4, Bellew, 34, was able to stop him in the 11th.

  • Beristain: GGG can probably KO Canelo

    Trainer Nacho Beristain is picking Gennady “GGG” Golovkin to knockout Saul “Canelo” Alvarez in their fight on September 16. Beristain says that if Canelo (49-1-1, 34 KOs) fights in the same manner that he recently did in his win over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. last month on May 6, then Golovkin will beat him, because he’s missing something from his game in the defensive side of his game.

  • Berto sees Andre Ward stopping Sergey Kovalev

    Andre Berto sees Andre Ward (31-0, 15 KOs) potentially knocking out former light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (30-1-1, 26 KOs) in their rematch this Saturday night. Berto says Ward has seen something from the first fight with Kovalev that he thinks he can expose to get a knockout. Ward isn’t known for being a knockout puncher, however.

  • Berto: Canelo will KO GGG

     Andre Berto is picking Saul “Canelo” Alvarez to defeat Gennady “GGG” Golovkin on September 16, and he sees him beating him by a knockout. That’s Berto’s prediction. Berto says that if the fight had taken place 2 years ago, he might have felt differently, but Golovkin is coming off of a performance against Danny Jacobs were he didn’t look so good in Berto’s mind.

  • Beterbiev and Kovalev gunning for Andre Ward

    Andre Ward (31-0, 15 KOs) is now in the hot seat with his close/controversial 12 round unanimous decision win over former IBF/WBA/WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (30-1-1, 26 KOs) on November 19 last year Not only is Kovalev gunning for Ward’s titles in a badly wanted rematch, but also unbeaten #2 IBF Artur Beterbiev (11-0, 11 KOs), who will be facing the winner of the Ward-Kovalev 2 fight unless the winner chooses to vacate the IBF belt.

  • Beterbiev vs. Koelling – vacant IBF 175lb title possible for Nov.11

     week, it potentially impacts next months’ November 11th fight between #2 IBF Artur Beterbiev (11-0, 11 KOs) and Enrico Koelling (23-1, 6 KOs), who were supposed to be fighting in an IBF 175 lb. title eliminator bout.

    The winner of the Beterbiev-Koelling fight would have been the IBF mandatory challenger to Ward. But now that Ward has retired, it’s likely that the International Boxing Federation will make the Beterbiv vs. Koelling fight for the vacant IBF title. That’s what Dan Rafael thinks will happen.

  • Billy Joe Saunders targeted for Canelo vs. Smith undercard

    It’s looking more and more like WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders could very well wind up on the undercard of the Saul Canelo Alvarez vs. Liam Smith fight on September 17 at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

  • Billy Joe Saunders to fight on Dec.9 in London

    Billy Joe Saunders (25-0, 12 KOs) will be back inside the ring in just 2 months from now on December 9 defending his WBO middleweight strap against an opponent still to be determined, according to his promoter Frank Warren. Saunders, 28, will be fighting at the Copper Box Arena in London, England.

  • Billy Joe Saunders to fight on October 22

    Billy Joe Saunders will be defending his WBO middleweight title next month against an opponent still to be determined on October 22 at the Motorpoint Arena, in Cardiff, Wales. The fact that the 27-year-old Saunders still doesn’t have an opponent for the fight isn’t the greatest news for boxing fans, because it suggests that it might be an underwhelming name that he winds up facing.

  • Billy Joe Saunders to fight Willie Monroe Jr. on Sep.16

    As reported previously by Boxing News 24, WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders will be making his next defense against former world title challenger Willie Monroe Jr. (21-2, 6 KOs) on September 16 at the Copper Box Arena in London, England.

    Saunders vs. Monroe is still not official though. There was a press release sent out this past week saying Saunders’ next fight would be announced on July 4. That didn’t happen, so we’ll have to wait for the official word. Never the less, Monroe Jr. is the one that is being talked about as Saunders’ opponent.

  • Billy Joe Saunders vs. Willie Monroe Jr. – Results

    WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders (25-0, 12 KOs) did enough to beat #5 WBO challenger Willie Monroe Jr. (21-3, 6 KOs) by a 12 round unanimous decision on Saturday night at the Copper Box Arena in London, England. This was a really boring fight to say the least. I’m being kind here.

  • Bob Arum: Manny Pacquiao wants to return to boxing soon, looking for opponent

    Manny Pacquiao is not done after all. The former welterweight champion of the world wants to fight again, according to promoter Bob Arum.

    "He now has given us the go-ahead to shop for a venue and an opponent and see if we can do it on a particular date or dates," Arum told The Guardian on Tuesday. "We've been trying to work out a date that doesn't interfere with his senatorial responsibilities and his ability to train."