CLEVELAND -- There were no steel chairs to the back, jumps off the top rope or long-winded promos -- just a legitimate, one-sided beatdown suffered by CM Punk.
And, apparently, he loved every second of it.
It seems Mickey Gall has a lot of plans for Sage Northcutt and none of them sound like they’ll be good for Sage.
Mickey Gall may be preaching the gospel of love inside the Octagon, but that doesn’t mean he’s not prepared to cut a promo all over the UFC’s golden boy. Gall is getting geared up to fight Sage Northcutt at UFC on Fox 22 this coming December, and there’s nothing like an upcoming fight to make a man shelve his feelings of brotherly care and let fans know that he’s ready to scrap.
Miesha Tate will fight on the UFC's big card in New York. The former women's bantamweight champion has been added to the event and will take on the streaking Raquel Pennington. The UFC announced the matchup today.
UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor II is etched into the MMA history books as one of the greatest fights of all time, but not everyone will be watching it again.
ONE: STATE OF WARRIORS is set for the Thuwunna Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar, on 7 Oct. Headlined by ONE Strawweight World Champion Yoshitaka Naito defending his title against Joshua Pacio of the Philippines, the card features plenty of local talent alongside some of the hottest MMA prospects from around the world.
LAS VEGAS -- At this point, it seems like a foregone conclusion that the trilogy fight between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor is destined to happen, whether it's sometime soon or later on down the road.
The UFC 202 press conference began without Conor McGregor and ended abruptly when Nate Diaz stormed off the stage on Wednesday. Both he and McGregor began heaving water bottles at each other, which prompted UFC president Dana White to intervene and cut things short.
IT SEEMS like everybody’s lining up to hate on the UFC these days.
The 31-year-old indicated he wasn’t best pleased with the UFC when he took to social media on Thursday morning (AEST).
For Nate Diaz, the choice of his next fight is no longer about the money.
Nate got his biggest break when he was offered to fight Conor McGregor the first time at UFC 196 in March 2016. His stock dramatically rose when he ended up winning via second-round stoppage, after stepping in with barely two weeks’ notice.
Nate Diaz isn’t impressed with UFC president Dana White’s recent comments about him, and he made that abundantly clear on social media today.
Nate Diaz isn’t a big fan of Dana White right now. The enigmatic UFC lightweight hasn’t stepped into the cage since his second fight against Conor McGregor in one of the highest-drawing cards in the promotion’s history. Diaz has stated a few reasons why this is, saying that the UFC “put him on the shelf” and that he’s more interested in “big time fights”. But White says it’s because both Nate and brother Nick Diaz are turning down fight offers.
Diaz says he’s planning to obtain a boxing license in California and Nevada.
The third instalment of Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor could take place in the boxing ring.
At least, that’s what Diaz hinted at when he revealed his plans to obtain a boxing license in the states of California and Nevada, per ESNews (h/t Elias Cepeda of Champions.co).
McGregor, 28, was issued a California state boxing license last month and believes he could compete with the best boxers in the world if he dropped his MMA training.
Conor McGregor is happy to take credit for Nate Diaz’s rise in popularity and ability to command bigger paydays after “The Notorious” lost their UFC 196 fight in March in what many considered a surprising upset.
Save for a few notable exceptions, the MMA world seems excited about the prospect of Conor McGregor challenging Eddie Alvarez for the UFC lightweight title.
Don't count Nate Diaz among those, though.
Nate Diaz believes Conor McGregor is capable of catching Floyd Mayweather with a hard shot in the first two rounds.
If there's one fighter who's familiar with the intricacies of Conor McGregor's boxing, it's MMA fan favorite Nate Diaz.
07 November 2016 – Singapore: The largest sports media property in Asian history, ONE Championship™ (ONE), has just announced that Singaporean pop sensation Nathan Hartono is set to perform live at ONE: DEFENDING HONOR which takes place this Friday night, 11 November at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Hartono will perform beginning 7:30pm followed by the national anthem at 10:00pm which will be broadcast live on Mediacorp.
A feud is brewing between Nick Diaz and Tyron Woodley. Diaz, whose 18-month suspension by the NSAC expired earlier this week, used Facebook to call out Tyron Woodley on Tuesday.
In the post, Diaz linked to a video of 'T-Wood's' brutal KO loss to Nate Marquardt at Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy in 2012.
Woodley, who called out Diaz after seizing the 170-pound title against Robbie Lawler at UFC 201, replied to the former Strikeforce welterweight champion in the comments section.
"Nick you were gone before then. You left after Daley. I beat him and Jordan Mein before this fight. And he was approved for TRT. And when was your last win? All you do is lose fights, get suspended, then complain about not making enough money as of Late. I was trying to get you paid cause I respect you and I feel like you deserve a big pay day, but you blew several seven figures. But you are so high you didn't even realize it. GSP did and we will make that money," Woodley posted.
Woodley shocked the world with his first-round knockout of Lawler, crumpling 'Ruthless' with an overhand right after spending over a year on the sidelines.
Diaz, now 33, hasn't won since 2011 and last engaged in a controversial bout with Anderson Silva at UFC 183. Diaz lost a unanimous decision, but the bout was officially ruled a No Contest after 'The Spider' tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs. Despite this, Diaz served a longer suspension for his use of marijuana - 18 months - and Silva returned to the Octagon after just 12 months to take on Michael Bisping in February.
Bloody Elbow's Eddie Mercado recently made a post on the top five possible opponents for Diaz' return, in which Tyron Woodley is listed at No. 4. Check it out here.
Nick Diaz is finally free to fight again following one of the most controversial suspensions ever handed out to a combat-sports athlete, which stemmed from his UFC 183 bout with Anderson Silva more than 18 month ago.
The Nevada Athletic Commission and Nick Diaz have come to an agreement which will allow the fighter to compete again.
Nick Diaz has had a rough couple of years when it comes to cage-related activities. The popular Stockton fighter was busted by the Nevada Athletic Commission for a controversial marijuana-related drug test failure following his January 2015 bout with Anderson Silva, and eventually settled on an 18-month suspension and a $100,000 fine.
Nate Diaz will go into his rematch with Conor McGregor at UFC 202 without his brother Nick in his corner.
Nick Diaz had something to say about Conor McGregor’s recent win at UFC 205.
UFC 205 was a historic event for both the company and Conor McGregor. While it was another record breaking night for Dana White, Ari Emmanuel and the rest of top management, “The Notorious” became the UFC’s first ever simultaneous two-weight world champion.
Page 10 of 17