Christmas is just a few days away. For our dogs to have a noche buena as well, here is a healthy, natural treat recipe.
• Lean ground pork or beef-1 kilo
• Rosemary leaves—fresh leaves or dried
leaves (half a teaspoon)
• Pumpkin or sweet potato or both (grated)—the amount depends on how many meatballs you want to make.
• Apple cider vinegar—half a teaspoon
• Bread crumbs
What to do:
1. Boil the ground meat.
2. When the meat is almost cooked, put the rosemary leaves.
3. Once the meat is cooked, switch off the stove, then put the grated pumpkin or sweet potato. The grated vegetable will get cooked due to the heat.
4. Strain the meat and veggies. (Please keep the broth to give to your babies as a treat too.)
5. Make balls out of the mixture.
6. Roll on the corn starch to keep meat and veggies together.
7. Roll on some bread crumbs.
8. Put in the oven toaster for a few minutes just to make the bread crumbs stick to the meatball.
9. Put in the freezer if you will not give to your pet yet.
10. Prior to giving to your dog, put in the oven toaster to heat the meatball. DO NOT PUT IN THE MICROWAVE. It will become soggy.
11. If you have more meatballs, you can serve it in another way by mixing the broth.
Rosemary helps dogs fight off allergies and makes the fur shiny. Apple cider vinegar “melts” or “kills” the bad cholesterol in the meat, and "melts" the fat that may have accumulated near or around the heart.