UFC

UFC

  • Jones to Cormier: ‘Let’s not forget me popping your cherry’

    Another day, another war of words between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones.

    The feud between current UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and former champ Jon Jones has been going on seemingly forever. There was plenty of talk before their first bout in January of 2015, which Jones won, and it has never waned since.

  • Jones warned Cormier about left head kick that led to UFC 214 knockout almost three years ago

    Almost three years ago, Jon Jones warned Daniel Cormier about the left head kick that cost him the fight at UFC 214.

    There’s ‘Mystic Mac’, and there’s Jon Jones.

    It could just be that, the left head kick that ‘Bones’ landed on Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 had been in the making for almost three years.

  • Jones: ‘If Cormier wants to be friends, be a sportsman and realize I’m just the better fighter’

    Jon Jones is willing to bury the hatchet with Daniel Cormier, but under one condition.

    The rivalry between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones has been running since 2014 when they first laid hands on each other during the UFC 178 pre-fight media day. Since then, the UFC light heavyweight title had changed hands and both fighters had been on different paths, but the bad blood has remained at its boiling point.

  • Jones: Cormier’s weigh-in drama ‘one of the dirtiest things I’ve seen in sports’

    Jon Jones reacts to the slight controversy during Daniel Cormier’s weigh-ins on Friday morning.

    During UFC 210’s official weigh-ins on Friday morning, Daniel Cormier stepped onto the scales twice. After initially tipping the scales at 206.2 pounds, he briefly stepped out and went back in two minutes later weighing in on the dot at the 205-pound mark.

  • Jose Aldo can’t wait to fight again: It would be a ‘dream’ to fight at UFC 217 in New York

    Jose Aldo isn’t concerned about who is next opponent is, but he really wants to fight at UFC 217 on Nov. 4.

    Jose Aldo might be considering a career in boxing, but the former UFC featherweight champion can’t wait to return to the Octagon.

    In a recent interview at his burger joint, ‘Famous Burger’ in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, ‘Scarface’ said it would be a ‘dream’ to fight at the upcoming UFC 217 pay-per-view in New York City.

  • Jose Aldo no longer interested in rematch with Conor McGregor, says Max Holloway is a ‘true champion’

    Jose Aldo is happy to stay at featherweight instead of pursuing a lightweight title fight against Conor McGregor.

    The loss to Conor McGregor might sting, but Jose Aldo has moved on and wants to re-establish himself as the best featherweight in the world.

    Aldo, 30, was determined for a rematch with ‘The Notorious’ at lightweight, but his priorities have changed since losing the 145-pound title to Max Holloway at UFC 212.

  • Jose Aldo on rematching McGregor: ‘That's up to the UFC, and we know it will never happen’

    UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has resigned himself to never getting the chance to avenge his loss to Conor McGregor.

    Jose Aldo is gearing up for a featherweight title unification bout with Max Holloway at UFC 212. This will count as a title defense for Aldo, and it represents his first one since the infamous 13-second KO loss to Conor McGregor at UFC 194. McGregor “relinquished” his belt and currently possesses the lightweight strap, and is otherwise pursuing a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather.

  • Jose Aldo reveals secret weapon used against Frankie Edgar: a spy

     

    RIO DE JANEIRO – Jose Aldo’s vicious leg kicks have acquired a reputation of their own over the years. And, in case anyone missed them during his last performance, there was a logical – and potentially paranoia-inducing – explanation.

  • Jose Aldo says he wouldn’t stay in the UFC even for Conor McGregor rematch

    Jose Aldo wants to leave the UFC and the sport for good, and says that not even an offer to rematch Conor McGregor would change his mind.

    Six months after losing his featherweight belt to "The Notorious" in December, Aldo got back inside the Octagon to rematch Frankie Edgar for the interim title at UFC 200. Almost three months have passed since his unanimous decision victory, and the Brazilian is now asking to be released from his contract.

  • Jose Aldo says he’s ‘rethinking retirement’ after talking with family

    UFC interim featherweight champion Jose Aldo might not be done with fighting after all.

    Jose Aldo, retired fighter? Not so fast.

  • Josh Barnett unconcerned with earning title shots: 'I just think about winning'

    If there is any person in mixed martial arts who has nearly seen it all, it might be UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett. The fighter has done two stints in the UFC, fought in virtually every other organization that mattered, won titles and even matured into a new nickname.

  • Justin Gaethje on Conor McGregor: ‘He’s crazy like I am’

    TUF 26 coach Justin Gaethje is looking to secure a fight with Conor McGregor if he can defeat Eddie Alvarez.

    For now, Justin Gaethje is occupying his time coaching a team on The Ultimate Fighter 26. The former WSOF lightweight champion thrilled fans in his UFC debut in a fight of the year candidate against Michael Johnson, ultimately taking the bout via second-round TKO. And now if he can defeat fellow coach Eddie Alvarez, he might be able to net the biggest fight a lightweight can get.

  • Justin Scoggins out of UFC 201 bout against Ian McCall due to weight cutting issues

    Flyweight prospect Justin Scoggins is out of this weekend's UFC 201 main card opener vs. Ian McCall due to weight cutting issues.

  • Kajan Johnson: UFC planning financial ‘initiative’ for fighters come October

    According to UFC lightweight Kajan Johnson, the UFC has plans in place to launch an “initiative” in October that will financially benefit fighters.

    UFC fighters will apparently be presented with a new money-making opportunity come October. That’s according to Kajan Johnson, who says he spoke to UFC COO Lawrence Epstein (via a representative) earlier this week and was told the mixed martial arts organization is planning an “initiative that is going to benefit the fighters financially.”

  • Kanye West boots Mike Tyson from his seat at UFC 202, doesn't die

    There were some pretty good fights at the UFC 202 pay-per-view (PPV) event, which took place last Saturday night (Aug. 20, 2016) inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada (proof).

  • Kavanagh: Alvarez ‘slightly easier’ fight for McGregor than dos Anjos

    Conor McGregor’s initial path to becoming a simultaneous two-weight UFC world champion was a fight against Rafael dos Anjos. Those plans, however, were broken, when dos Anjos was forced out of their UFC 196 fight due to a foot injury.

  • Kavanagh: Conor McGregor wanted to fight Paulie Malignaggi in MMA

    SBG Dublin head coach John Kavanagh revealed that Conor McGregor wanted an MMA fight against Paulie Malignaggi.

    Leaked sparring videos that were followed by media tirades led to the angle of a possible fight between Conor McGregor and Paulie Malignaggi. Oddmakers even released the betting lines for the would-be match-up, rightfully showing Malignaggi as the favorite if they faced each other in a boxing match.

  • Kavanagh: I prefer a Nate Diaz trilogy, but it’s unlikely Conor McGregor fights in 2017

    John Kavanagh says it’s unlikely that Conor McGregor fights in 2017.

    What’s next for Conor McGregor after his high profile loss to Floyd Mayweather? It’s probably going to be in mixed martial arts, and while the UFC champion himself obviously has the final say, his coach John Kavanagh has explained what he wants to happen moving forward.

  • Kelvin Gastelum agrees to replace Robbie Lawler against Donald Cerrone at UFC 205

    Donald Cerrone will get his fight at UFC 205 in New York City, but it won’t be the dream matchup many had hoped for against Robbie Lawler.

  • Kelvin Gastelum takes on Anderson Silva at UFC 212

    Fresh off his TKO win over Vitor Belfort, Kelvin Gastelum will now meet Anderson Silva at UFC 212

    Not even three days after his first-round TKO win over Vitor Belfort, Kelvin Gastelum already has another opponent lined up to continue his middleweight run, and it's the one he has been asking for - the former UFC middleweight champion, Anderson Silva. Ana Hissa, from Combate, broke out the news.