IF Georges St-Pierre is really returning to fight again, middleweight champion Michael Bisping is ready to welcome him back.
The reigning middleweight champion has danced around the possibility of fighting St-Pierre over the past few months, ever since rumours first popped up that the Canadian was contemplating a return to action for the first time in three years.
Canadian fans complaining about UFC 206 might want to pay attention to Michael Bisping’s Twitter feed.
The UFC middleweight champ says he’s “verbally agreed” to a matchup on the card with Georges St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) and prodded the former UFC welterweight champion to put pen to paper.
Bisping put ‘T-Wood’ in his place when the UFC welterweight champ called into his podcast on Thursday.
UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has an army of fighters that want to shut him up.
Since capturing promotional gold last year, Bisping has been revelling in the spotlight and made a whole lot of enemies in the process.
Bisping says Khabib Nurmagomedov blew his chances of a title fight with McGregor after pulling out of UFC 209.
There's no news yet on Khabib Nurmagomedov's condition after being hospitalized due to a bad weight cut at UFC 209, but middleweight champion Michael Bisping thinks the undefeated Dagestani ruined his chances of ever fighting Conor McGregor for the lightweight title.
Although both men shared the Octagon at UFC 203, CM Punk and Mickey Gall had very different motivations going into the bout.
Punk, a former WWE world champion, was determined to prove the critics wrong by making making an impression in his MMA debut. Gall, a 24-year-old Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt already with a wealth of experience in the gym, wanted to make a name for himself and prove his own worth.
MICHAEL Johnson knocked out Dustin Poirier in the first round of the headline fight at the UFC Fight Night in Hidalgo, Texas on Sunday (AEST).
He executed a perfect right-left combination that sent Poirier to the canvas then started laying into him with a flurry of punches on the ground before the fight was called off after less than two minutes.
Michael Johnson thinks former champion Rafael dos Anjos is a good matchup, and he’ll even go to Brazil to fight him.
UFC 203 was the most important event of Mickey Gall's career, but the welterweight prospect is adamant that it will not be his defining moment as a UFC fighter.
CLEVELAND -- There were no steel chairs to the back, jumps off the top rope or long-winded promos -- just a legitimate, one-sided beatdown suffered by CM Punk.
And, apparently, he loved every second of it.
It seems Mickey Gall has a lot of plans for Sage Northcutt and none of them sound like they’ll be good for Sage.
Mickey Gall may be preaching the gospel of love inside the Octagon, but that doesn’t mean he’s not prepared to cut a promo all over the UFC’s golden boy. Gall is getting geared up to fight Sage Northcutt at UFC on Fox 22 this coming December, and there’s nothing like an upcoming fight to make a man shelve his feelings of brotherly care and let fans know that he’s ready to scrap.
Miesha Tate will fight on the UFC's big card in New York. The former women's bantamweight champion has been added to the event and will take on the streaking Raquel Pennington. The UFC announced the matchup today.
UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor II is etched into the MMA history books as one of the greatest fights of all time, but not everyone will be watching it again.
LAS VEGAS -- At this point, it seems like a foregone conclusion that the trilogy fight between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor is destined to happen, whether it's sometime soon or later on down the road.
The UFC 202 press conference began without Conor McGregor and ended abruptly when Nate Diaz stormed off the stage on Wednesday. Both he and McGregor began heaving water bottles at each other, which prompted UFC president Dana White to intervene and cut things short.
IT SEEMS like everybody’s lining up to hate on the UFC these days.
The 31-year-old indicated he wasn’t best pleased with the UFC when he took to social media on Thursday morning (AEST).
For Nate Diaz, the choice of his next fight is no longer about the money.
Nate got his biggest break when he was offered to fight Conor McGregor the first time at UFC 196 in March 2016. His stock dramatically rose when he ended up winning via second-round stoppage, after stepping in with barely two weeks’ notice.
Nate Diaz isn’t impressed with UFC president Dana White’s recent comments about him, and he made that abundantly clear on social media today.
Nate Diaz isn’t a big fan of Dana White right now. The enigmatic UFC lightweight hasn’t stepped into the cage since his second fight against Conor McGregor in one of the highest-drawing cards in the promotion’s history. Diaz has stated a few reasons why this is, saying that the UFC “put him on the shelf” and that he’s more interested in “big time fights”. But White says it’s because both Nate and brother Nick Diaz are turning down fight offers.
Diaz says he’s planning to obtain a boxing license in California and Nevada.
The third instalment of Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor could take place in the boxing ring.
At least, that’s what Diaz hinted at when he revealed his plans to obtain a boxing license in the states of California and Nevada, per ESNews (h/t Elias Cepeda of Champions.co).
McGregor, 28, was issued a California state boxing license last month and believes he could compete with the best boxers in the world if he dropped his MMA training.
Conor McGregor is happy to take credit for Nate Diaz’s rise in popularity and ability to command bigger paydays after “The Notorious” lost their UFC 196 fight in March in what many considered a surprising upset.
Save for a few notable exceptions, the MMA world seems excited about the prospect of Conor McGregor challenging Eddie Alvarez for the UFC lightweight title.
Don't count Nate Diaz among those, though.
Page 9 of 15