Kiko Matos, the Filipino-Portuguese actor who became popular after his highly publicized “bigwasan” match with actor Baron Geisler last year, is working on becoming a professional mixed martial artist.
Alvin Aguilar, the president and founder of the Universal Reality Combat Championship (URCC) announced that Matos will fight against Billy Jack Magana Sanchez on August 12 at the Araneta Coliseum.
“I intend to fight pro, although I also want to climb the ladder like how everyone does. I want to start from the bottom, may it be amateur level or pro-amateur, and then I want to earn my pro license. With all the that is happening right, especially my fight with Billy Jack Sanchez, I see it as a stepping stone for me to get to where I want. I am very much open to accept whatever the URCC has in store for me. Until then I will take one step at a time,” said Matos.
Aguilar said that Matos has been training hard, focusing on Jiu-jitsu, as he really wants to fight as a pro.
Matos was set to go pro after his June 2016 showdown in Valkyrie Club at Bonifacio Global City with Geisler that ended in a draw, but it was postponed when he sustained an injury.
“He has healed already, and expressed his intention to fight pro. His intended opponent was and is not Baron. We did that last year and we all had our fun,” Aguilar said.
“I work out in the morning until afternoon everyday, ito talaga gusto ko,” said Matos.
“People think the fight with Baron was like a movie, scripted. I want a real fight!” he ended. RMPANGILINAN