The UFC had five pay-per-view events eclipse one million buys, four of which were headlined by Conor McGregor or Ronda Rousey.
The UFC’s 2016 was a fantastic one in terms of viewership. Through three Conor McGregor fights, Ronda Rousey’s end-of-year return, and Brock Lesnar’s one-off comeback, the UFC had an extraordinary five PPVs reach at least one million buys in a calendar year, which is a first for either MMA or boxing. MMA Fighting’s Dave Meltzer broke down the numbers.
Conor McGregor is confident that he will compete in boxing, not MMA, on his next bout.
Conor McGregor doubled up on recent talks about a possible boxing match with Floyd Mayweather. According to the 2-division MMA champion, whether the UFC is on board on not, he is confident his next bout will be in a ring instead of a cage.
Conor McGregor believes he is still the UFC 145-pound champion, even if it is Max Holloway who holds the current title.
Conor McGregor set a new record in November 2016 at UFC 205 when he won the UFC lightweight belt. This made him the first and only fighter to hold two titles from two different weight classes at the same time.
Conor McGregor reveals what Floyd Mayweather was saying to him during their face off at the first presser in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
After almost a year of social media wars that led to the fight’s finalization in June, Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor finally shared the stage on Tuesday at the fight’s kick-off presser in Los Angeles. Their staredown afterward was already an event itself, but the words exchanged were inaudible from the crowd’s point of view.
Conor McGregor admits he needs to work on his conditioning for future fights.
While Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s superior boxing prowess was on display on Saturday night, another major factor for Conor McGregor’s loss was fatigue. It has been his problem since he fought Nate Diaz at UFC 196 more than a year ago.
Conor McGregor sets his conditions for a third fight against Nate Diaz.
After his high-profile boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr., Conor McGregor will now be facing his unfinished business in the UFC. One of them is a possible trilogy fight against Nate Diaz, among his other obligations as the undisputed lightweight champion.
Conor McGregor says it is impossible for any of his opponents to prepare to fight him.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. may be unbeaten and considered to be the best boxer in the game today, but it goes without saying that Conor McGregor is one of his more unique opponents in many aspects. In terms of fighting technique, The Money Team says they have covered all bases and will be expecting the “awkward style” that McGregor will be bringing to the table on fight night.
LAS VEGAS — Conor McGregor has altered many things going into this rematch with Nate Diaz. One of them? Not making any decisions yet on what will be next after UFC 202.
Conor McGregor’s striking coach says Khabib Nurmagomedov would be an interesting fight
Shortly after Conor McGregor defeated Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205, he announced that he will be taking a bit of a break from fighting. With the layoff, having a baby on the way, and even demanding for a stake in the company, everything seems up in the air at this point.
Naturally, the people have been asking about what’s next for Conor, and while the final decision rests with the dual-champion, his coaches have started to weigh in on the topic. Striking coach Owen Roddy appeared at The MMA Hour and he was asked who he would like McGregor to fight next.
Tony McGregor, father of Conor McGregor, responded to the allegations of racism that have been directed at his son since his press conference antics building his bout with Floyd Mayweather.
The four-stop press tour that Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather went on to promote their August fight last week drew a lot of fans and generated a fair amount of controversy. Perhaps the most divisive thing that came up were some claims of racism that were thrown Conor’s way for comments early on in the tour.
An update on Conor McGregor’s legal situation as he approaches his next court appearance.
Conor McGregor’s legal team has denied reports that the Irishman is close to agreeing a deal with prosecutors in New York in regards to his bus attack that took place prior to UFC 223 in April.
CONOR McGregor will soon have a decision to make regarding his next fight and whether or not he’s going to keep his featherweight title or pursue another goal inside the Octagon.
Brendan Schaub recently tried to bet boxing personality Max Kellerman a cool $100,000 that not only would Conor McGregor land punches on Floyd Mayweather, but went as far as to say he’d even win a few rounds of their scheduled 12-round boxing match, which is set to go down on Aug., 24, 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Dillon Danis, Conor’s jiu-jitsu coach, is doing one better, as he told TMZ Sports that “Notorious” will not only defeat the former best pound-for-pound boxer in the world, but he will knock him out in under six rounds.
In a lot of ways, UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier was in a no win situation Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena when he faced middleweight icon Anderson Silva, who took their UFC 200 fight on two days’ notice following the removal of Jon Jones due to a potential Anti-Doping violation. Cormier did secure the three-round unanimous decision victory in the non-title bout though, even if the 41-year-old Silva won the crowd with his gutsy effort.
Daniel Cormier believes him and Jon Jones as the new breed of light heavyweights are better than their predecessors.
Just a decade ago, the likes of Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell were the kings of the light heavyweight division. But in 2011, the new breed of 205-pound champion emerged in the form of Jon Jones.
Daniel Cormier says Tony Ferguson’s glaring flaws would cost him in a future bout with Conor McGregor.
Tony Ferguson won the interim lightweight title at UFC 216 by beating Kevin Lee, which possibly lines him up for a title unification bout against Conor McGregor. According to current light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier though, his glaring flaws would be his downfall in that potential match up.
Cortney Casey will look to snap her two-fight skid on short notice at UFC Lincoln.
UFC Fight Night 135 took a hit on Thursday — but it was only brief.
Alexa Grasso is out of her scheduled strawweight bout against Angela Hill due to a knee injury. ESPN’s Ariel Helwani first reported the news, saying Grasso was forced off the card due to “undisclosed reasons.” Grasso later said in an Instagram post she tore her LCL in training and is expecting to recover within “a few weeks.”
Colby Covington had some choice words for both Darren Till and Stephen Thompon’s performance at UFC Liverpool last weekend.
UFC Liverpool’s main event fight between Darren Till and Stephen Thompson was not exactly an exciting one. Both were criticized for essentially point-fighting and being overly cordial with each other, as well as the judging that led many, including “Wonderboy”, to believe that it was swayed by the pro-Till crowd in attendance.
Cristiane Justino will fight in the UFC octagon for the second time while Renan Barao is set to face off with Phillipe Nover according to a report from Brazilian site UOL.
A champ vs. champ fight might be headed to Dallas’ American Airlines Center in September.
Another superfight might be going down later this year.
On Wednesday, UFC women’s featherweight champion Cris Cyborg said on Twitter that she has agreed to a fight against women’s bantamweight champion — and fellow Brazilian — Amanda Nunes at UFC 228. It doesn’t appear that Cyborg vs. Nunes is a done deal, but perhaps it’s one step closer to happening. Nunes has yet to comment on Cyborg’s tweet.
Page 8 of 43