MMA

  • Welterweight champ Tyron Woodley wants to fight Nick Diaz at UFC 209

    Woodley calls out Nick Diaz for a scrap at UFC 209 in March.

    When Tyron Woodley knocked out Robbie Lawler at UFC 201 to become the new welterweight champion, ‘T-Wood’ wasted no time in calling out his ideal opponents.

    Woodley, 34, said he wanted a big-money fight against either Nick Diaz or Georges St-Pierre in his first title defense, but the newly-crowned champion was slated to face top contender Stephen Thompson at UFC 205.

  • Werdum bets on Ngannou KO over Miocic, welcomes bout against winner in April

    Fabricio Werdum believes Francis Ngannou will become the new heavyweight champion and would like to fight him for the belt.

    Former UFC heavyweight champion, Fabricio Werdum, will be watching closely as Stipe Miocic will try to defend the belt against rising star Francis Ngannou, in January at UFC 220. That is, of course, because Werdum is very interested in fighting the winner, who he believes will be Ngannou, as he told Portal do Vale Tudo.

  • Werdum vs. Velasquez rematch eyed for UFC 207

    A rematch between former heavyweight champions Fabricio Werdum and Cain Velasquez is being set-up for UFC 207, according to MMAjunkie. The fight will likely take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with Friday, December 30 as the penned date.

  • White on UFC 225: When Overeem sells as many PPVs as CM Punk, we can argue

    Dana White defended the UFC’s decision to keep CM Punk on the UFC 225 main card.

    MMA fans burst into outrage during the UFC Chile broadcast earlier this month when it was announced a pivotal heavyweight bout between Alistair Overeem and Curtis Blaydes had been bumped down to the UFC 225 preliminary card in favor of Holly Holm vs. Megan Anderson.

  • White says Conor McGregor is 'taking 10 months off', Nate Diaz responds

    According to Dana White, Conor McGregor could be out until August 2017. This led Nate Diaz to announce a similar vacation.

    It looks like Conor McGregor could be out a few months longer than expected. The UFC lightweight champion (and recent UFC featherweight titleholder) was expected to be sidelined until May due to the birth of his first child. But according to Dana White during an appearance on Fox Sports Live, McGregor could be out until the fall, based on the timeline from his last fight.

  • White shoots down Nate Diaz return talk: ‘We offer him a fight every three or four months’

    UFC president Dana White isn’t buying into the Nate Diaz return banter.

    Diaz (21-10, 16-8 UFC) hasn’t competed in the Octagon since August 2016, when he dropped a unanimous decision to Conor McGregor in one of the highest-grossing events in the promotion’s history. Recently, Nate’s teammate Jake Shields said that Nate is very likely to fight again but wants it to be a big fight and worth his while financially.

  • White: ‘75 percent chance’ Mayweather vs. McGregor happens, 50-50 purse split ‘is pretty fair’

    UFC president Dana White hasn’t talked money with Floyd Mayweather yet, but he’s going to ask for a 50-50 purse split for a boxing match between Mayweather and Conor McGregor.

  • White: Conor McGregor fighting at welterweight ‘isn’t fair’ to the rest of division

    Conor McGregor’s last two UFC fights have been at welterweight, UFC president Dana White revealed that those bouts may be the last times “The Notorious” will be seen at 170-pounds.

  • White: I’ll speak to Conor McGregor this weekend in Liverpool about his future

    The UFC president is going to sit down with his biggest star this weekend.

  • White: Ronda Rousey’s UFC career is ‘winding down’, probably move on to acting

    Dana White says former UFC champ Ronda Rousey will probably move to acting soon.

  • White: UFC planning on Conor McGregor fighting in 2017, responds to co-promotion demands

    Dana White is planning on having Conor McGregor fight by the end of this year, and he’s dealing with his “crazy” demands.

    The wheels are starting to spin on the UFC return of Conor McGregor, but as usual, there are bound to be some hiccups along the way. Last night while doing a Q&A for his movie, McGregor stated that he wouldn’t return to the UFC without being a co-promoter or part-owner (via MMA Junkie):

    “I was promoter on the Mayweather fight, and we’re in current negotiations. I ain’t stepping in that octagon again unless I’m part owner of the whole setup. I’m a promoter.”

  • Whittaker-Brunson promoted to UFC Melbourne main event

    With Luke Rockhold vs. Jacare Souza scrapped from UFC Melbourne, the UFC has bumped Robert Whittaker vs. Derek Brunson from co-main to main event.

  • Why Jon Jones probably isn’t getting a 4-year suspension

    Iain Kidd breaks down exactly what suspension length Jon Jones is facing and how likely each potential punishment actually is.

    There has been a lot of confusion around Jon Jones’ most recent positive test for Turinabol, with various outlets selectively reporting comments from the UFC’s Jeff Novitzky, to the extent that the man himself had to issue a correction.

  • With Mousasi gone, Thiago Santos now wants Boetsch or Brunson next

    Thiago Santos has set his sights on two fellow middleweights following his win at UFC 213.

    Fresh off a second-round TKO win over Gerald Meerschaert, Brazilian striker Thiago Santos felt like a rematch with Gegard Mousasi would be nice next logical step for him. However, now that Mousasi has closed a deal with Bellator, Santos was forced to change his mind. As he told Portal do Vale Tudo, he would like to take on veterans Tim Boetsch or Derek Brunson.

  • Woodley on Diaz turning down fight: He’s not scared, he wants to get paid

    Tyron Woodley explains why Nick Diaz turned down his challenge to fight at UFC 209.

    Since he won the UFC welterweight title in July of the previous year, Tyron Woodley has been clamoring for the “big money fights.” In December, he issued a challenge to Nick Diaz for a possible fight at UFC 209.

    However, Diaz had apparently turned down Woodley’s challenge. The champion did clarify that the former welterweight title challenger did not do so out of fear. Rather, it was because Diaz knows what he is worth.

  • Woodley: St-Pierre fighting Diaz is the ‘hugest b-tch move on the planet’

    UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley shares his thoughts on the talked about m

    UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley has been looking for his “big money fight” for a while now. After winning over Demian Maia at UFC 214 last July, he has been calling out two marquee names: former middleweight and welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, and Nate Diaz.

  • WORLD CHAMPION & GOLD MEDALIST MICHAEL PHELPS TO ATTEND ONE: UNSTOPPABLE DREAMS AS SPECIAL GUEST

    10 May 2018 – Singapore: The largest global sports media property in Asian history, ONE Championship™ (ONE), has just announced that multiple-time gold medalist Michael Phelps of the United States will attend the event ONE: UNSTOPPABLE DREAMS, set for 18 May at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

  • WSOF GLOBAL MMA FIGHTER FROM GENSAN MARIO SISMUNDO, MORE THAN JUST MANNY PACQUIAO’S DOPPELGÄNGER

    SISMUNDO READY FOR THE BIGGEST FIGHT OF HIS LIFE ON JULY 30 

    AT SMART ARANETA COLISEUM

    ONE LUCKY TICKET HOLDER ON JULY 30 WILL WIN ONE MILLION PESOS

    TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE AT TICKETNET.COM.PH

    19 July 2016 - MANILA: Mario Sismundo, who will fight on July 30 for the World Series of Fighting Global Championship 3: Philippines vs. the World card at the Smart Araneta Coliseum, says that he is more than just Manny Pacquiao’s doppelgänger.

    Mario, who once doubled for Manny Pacquiao for a TV commercial, and also hails from General Santos City, also has plans of his own to be a world-renowned fighter.   

    The resemblance is striking, in fact, when he trains at Fitbox Gym in Makati, he is often mistaken as Manny Pacquiao.

    Sismundo says, “Sobrang na inspire ako na kamukha ko si Manny Pacquiao kasi yung kamukha ko o kahawig ko ay di ordinaryong tao, kungdi, sikat sa buong mundo dahil sa kanyang galing sa boxing, at isa pa siyang Senador ngayon.  Baka sa pagtiyatiyaga at sipag sa mga laban ko, isang araw, masundan ko rin ang yapak ng idolo ko.”

    Sismundo continues, “Malaking bagay na nakasali ako sa ganitong kalaking organization, na galing pating Amerika.  Tulad sa akin, na galing sa General Santos City na matagal nang naghintay ng pagkakataon makalaban sa malaking audience, malaking bagay po talaga.  Matagal ko po itong pinangarap at dinasal.”

    This will be Mario Sismundo’s biggest fight in his entire boxing and MMA career, fighting for the first time in a 15,000-seater stadium in Quezon City, alongside fighters from all over the world.

    Sismundo says that his family, specially his father, has been supportive of his career all this time.  

    It is bittersweet though that at the biggest fight of his life, wherein his fight will be the co-main event on July 30, that his father won’t be able to watch it since he passed away just weeks ago. 

    “Sa pinakamalaking laban ng buhay ko, na matagal niyang hinintay, wala na siya…pero hindi iyon hadlang para ako manghina o mawalan ng gana lumaban, bagkos, lalo ko pang pag-iigihan ang training ko para manalo sa laban na ito, dahil inaalay ko sa kanya ang laban na ito”, Sismundo says.

    “At alam ko kahit wala na ang aking ama, manonood siya kahit nasa ibang mundo na siya”, adds Sismundo.

    WSOF-GC will host WSOF-GC 3 Philippines at Smart Araneta Coliseum on July 30, 2016. Tickets start at PHP300 with ringside seats available for PHP4000. Tickets are now on sale at http://www.etix.com/ticket/p/2988982/wsof-global-championship-3philippines-quezon-city-smart-araneta-coliseum. Smart Araneta Coliseum has been host to many great events over the years, but is most notably known for Ali vs Frazier III ‘The Thrilla in Manila’.

  • WSOF GLOBAL: EVGENY EROKHIN DEFENDS HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE WITH FIRST ROUND KO OVER RICHARD ODOMS

    EVGENY EROKHIN DEFENDS HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE WITH FIRST ROUND KO OVER RICHARD ODOMS

    FIGHT HELD ON JULY 30 AT SMART ARANETA COLISEUM IN MANILA, PHILIPPINES

  • WWE boss Triple H eyes Conor McGregor: 'You don't need to be 300 pounds, he could do it for sure'

    Conor McGregor was already sitting on top of the mixed martial arts (MMA) world before knocking out Eddie Alvarez in the main event of UFC 205 last weekend (Sat., Nov. 12, 2016) to claim the lightweight title; becoming the only man to hold two division titles simultaneously.