Boxing

  • Demetrius Andrade Q&A: “I’m the best at 154lbs” – Andrade vs Culcay

    This Saturday night, Demetrius ‘Boo Boo’ Andrade (23-0) travels to Germany to challenge Jack Culcay (22-1), for the WBA world super-welterweight championship, live on Sky Sports 2HD in the UK. The former undefeated WBO champion, at the same weight, looks to regain some momentum in his career after fighting only three times since winning that belt in November 2013. Last week Demetrius took some time to talk with me over the phone about Saturday’s fight and what happened after he became world champion when he was forced to relinquish the gold.

  • Demetrius Andrade vacates WBA 154lb title

    Fresh off his debut at middleweight last Saturday night, Demetrius “Boo Boo” Andrade (25-0, 16 KOs) has reportedly vacated his WBA 154lb. title following his 12 round unanimous decision over Alantez Fox (23-1-1, 11 KOs) at the Turning Stone in Verona, New York.

  • Deontay Wilder furious, calls Anthony Joshua a “coward”

    Deontay Wilder says Anthony Joshua never wanted to fight him, and that’s he’s a “coward” for not facing him in a unification fight. Wilder says Joshua wasted three months by taking up a fight against him, but then failing to take it. After the negotiations with Wilder fell apart this week, Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs) will be defending against his WBA mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin next in September.

  • Deontay Wilder needs to impress against Bermane Siverne

    WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) has a lot of pressure on him this Saturday in his rematch against the inactive 39-year-old Stiverne (25-2-1, 21 KOs) at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

  • Deontay Wilder open to fighting Tony Bellew

    Tony Bellew’s win over David Haye last Saturday night makes him an option for WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder’s next title defense. Wilder’s promoter Lou Dibella says that they would consider fighting Bellew. WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker is the fight that Wilder and Dibella really want most of all.

    That would be a unification fight. Bellew would be another voluntary defense for Wilder, who has already have 5 of them since winning the WBC title two years ago in 2015. If the World Boxing Council lets Wilder take a 6th consecutive voluntary defense, then Bellew (29-2, 19 KOs) would be a possibility.

  • Deontay Wilder responds to Joshua’s threat

    Deontay Wilder responded back to Anthony Joshua on Monday in addressing the comments he made to media about wanting to jam a jab down his throat. Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) took 7 hours to respond to Joshua’s message, and when he did, he didn’t like the way he worded his comments, and that he’s going to teach him how to talk.

  • Deontay Wilder scolds Anthony Joshua for demanding fight take place in UK

    Deontay Wilder really let Anthony Joshua have it on Monday for his decision to demand their unification fight take place in the UK instead of the U.S and failing to agree to the terms of the $50 million offer. Wilder Let Joshua know that he sees him as a phony, a guy talks brave, but who doesn’t walk the talk.

  • Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz in the works

    A fight between WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder and undefeated contender Luis “King Kong” Ortiz is in the works for the fall on Showtime Championship Boxing, according to RingTV.com. However, #1 WBC Bermane Stiverne is Deontay’s mandatory at this time.

  • Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz on Nov.4 at Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY

    WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) vs. Luis “King Kong” Ortiz (27-0, 23 KOs) has been officially announced for November 4 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

  • Deontay Wilder wants $7M for Dillian Whyte fight

    Matchroom Sport promoter Eddie Hearn wants WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) to get his fighter #5 WBC Dillian Whyte (21-1, 15 KOs) a title shot in what would be a voluntary defense for Wilder in September or October or possibly later. Deontay has a mandatory defense due against Bermane Stivern, the #1 WBC ranked contender.

  • Deontay Wilder willing to travel to the UK for a BIG fight

    Eddie Hearn, the promoter for IBF/WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte, is interested in having unbeaten WBC champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder travel over to the UK to fight his two heavyweights, starting with Whyte. As of now, the cash isn’t there from Hearn’s side to get Deontay to fight the once beaten Whyte in the UK.

  • Deontay Wilder: Anthony Joshua is scared

    Deontay Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) opened on IBF/WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua with both barrels in criticizing him for saying he’s not sure if he’s ready to face him now. Wilder took that to mean that the 27-year-old Joshua is getting cold feet about wanting to fight him.

    Wilder, 31, says Joshua is talking about not wanting to fight him until 2010. Wilder sees that as a ploy to try and wait him out until he gets old before he faces him in 3 years from now. Wilder says he won’t be old anytime soon. Wilder says isn’t sure if Joshua is scared or using performance enhancing drugs.

  • Deontay Wilder: I’m coming for Anthony Joshua

    IBF/WBA champion Anthony Joshua (19-0, 19 KOs) on Sunday in telling him that he’s coming for him. Wilder wants to fight Joshua as soon as possible. Deontay was ringside for Joshua’s dismal performance last Saturday against Wladimir Klitschko (64-5, 53 KOs) at Wembley stadium in London, England. Joshua was knocked down once in round 6 and hurt several times by the 41-year-old Wladimir.

  • Deontay Wilder: I’m still fighting on November 4th

    Despite Luis Ortiz (27-0, 23 KOs) testing positive for 2 banned drugs in his pre-fight test by VADA, WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) says he’s still going to be fighting on November 4th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

    Wilder, 31, doesn’t know who he’ll be fighting, but he would prefer that it be Ortiz if possible. However, it’s not up to him, Wilder admits. It’s up to the World Boxing Council to make the decision. The WBC is not likely to let Ortiz go ahead and fight Wilder after he tested positive on his A-sample by VADA during his pre-fight testing.

  • Deontay Wilder: If Bermane beats me, I’ll retire

    WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) says he’ll retire from boxing if he loses this Saturday night in his title defense against his mandatory challenger 38-year-old Bermane Stiverne (25-2-1, 21 KOs) in their fight at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

    A loss for Wilder, 31, against would result in him losing millions upon millions of dollars in his hoped for unification fight against IBF/WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua going down the drain. That fight would definitely not be happening at that point because Joshua would go in another direction towards other fighters.

  • Deontay Wilder’s management makes Anthony Joshua $50 million counter offer

    The management for WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder has made a big $50 million counter offer to IBF/WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua and his promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing for a unification fight, according to Dan Rafael of ESPN.

    The $50 million is part of a 50% split of the revenue, which Team Wilder believe will be at least $100 million. If the Joshua-Wilder fight makes more than $100 million, then Joshua will make more than his $50 million.

  • Dereck ‘WAR’ Chisora Joins Hayemaker!

    This morning, Wednesday 17TH October 2018, David Haye, in a move that no one will have seen coming has officially signed an exclusive management deal with none other than old foe, Dereck ‘WAR’ Chisora, who will join the Hayemaker boxing stable.

  • Derevyanchenko’s only chance of beating Jacobs is to brawl says Algieri

    Chris Algieri is confident that Daniel Jacobs will defeat the dangerous Sergiy Derevyanchenko on Saturday night in their fight for the vacant IBF middleweight title on HBO World Championship Boxing at Madison Square Garden in New York.

  • Devon Alexander vs. Andre Berto being finalized for Aug.4

    A fight on PBC headlined between former world champion Devon Alexander and Andre Berto, light heavyweight contender Marcus Browne and Lenin Castillo, and former middleweight champion middleweight Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin vs. J’Leon Love is being finalized for August 4, according to Dan Rafael.

  • Dillian Whyte names his next 3 fights

    If everything works out as planned against Robert Helenius (25-1, 16 KOs) this Saturday night, #3 WBC Dillian Whyte (21-1, 16 KOs) says he wants fights against three heavyweights in his next 3 fights: Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker (25-0, 18 KOs). Whyte’s chances of getting the fights in that order is questionable at beat. Whyte’s promoter Eddie Hearn is still trying to get WBC heavyweight champion Wilder to agree to face Whyte on February 3.