Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya says Saul Canlo Alvarez will sign up with the World Boxing Council VADA 365 ‘clean drug’ program as soon as his next fight is signed. De La Hoya hopes that Canelo’s next fight will be against IBF/IBO/WBA/WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin, but if not, it’s his loss.
Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya says he’s very surprised that IBF/IBO/WBA/WBC middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin is the favorite to beat his fighter Saul Canelo Alvarez (49-1-1, 34 KOs) in their fight on September 16 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
De La Hoya says there are now a high number of people saying that Canelo will not only beat Golovkin, but he’ll knock him out in the process. De La Hoya’s belief in Canelo stems from the head and torso movement he used to evade punches thrown at him. De La Hoya says Canelo has the better boxing skills compared to Golovkin, and the superior experience during his career.
Oscar De La Hoya churned out an open letter to the boxing world on Monday in response to the many critics that think Saul Canelo Alvarez received a gift decision win over Gennady Golovkin last Saturday night in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Oscar De La Hoya says Saul Canelo Alvarez has something to prove to Gennady “GGG” Golovkin in their fight on September 16. Canelo (49-1-1, 34 KOs) wants to prove himself when he gets GGG inside the ring. Canelo has a chip on his shoulders about being perceived by the boxing public as ducking Golovkin for the last 2 years. There’s nothing that can change that perception obviously.
Oscar De La Hoya says Saul Canelo Alvarez must attack Gennady Golovkin hard from the very beginning of their fight in nine days from now, and back him up constantly because he doesn’t know how to fight in reverse mode. Canelo (49-1-2, 34 KOs) must bully GGG for him to win, says De La Hoya.
Oscar De La Hoya says Saul Canelo Alvarez is going to stand his going to stand and punch with Gennady Golovkin in their rematch this time around instead of using movement to escape his pressure like he did last time they fought in September 2017. De La Hoya is trying to pump life into the rematch by telling the boxing fans that Canelo is going to come out on fire on September 15.
Oscar De La Hoya is already predicting that his fighter Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (49-1-1, 34 KOs) will be knocking out middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs) in their fight in 3 months on September 16 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is very ambitious of De La Hoya to pick Canelo by a knockout.
Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya says he made the Saul “Canelo” Alvarez vs. Gennady “GGG” Golovkin fight because he cares about the boxing fans and he wanted to help the sport. De La Hoya maintains that he could have made 4 smaller fights for Canelo without risk, but he wanted to give the fans what they’ve been asking for.
Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya thinks it’s a mistake for 2012 U.S Olympian Errol Spence Jr. (21-0, 18 KOs) to be going to Europe to fight for the IBF welterweight title against Kell Brook. De La Hoya says that Spence’s career isn’t being moved a long like it should be for a fighter with his kind of talent. He says that if Spence was one of his fighters in his Golden Boy stable, he would turn him into a star. He would have Spence fighting on the undercard of the Saul “Canelo” Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. card on May 6.
Oscar De La Hoya is still railing on the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor fight being bad for the sport of boxing in general. De La Hoya sounded off on the subject last week when he tore into the Mayweather-McGregor fight in seeing it as little more than just a money grab due to Mayweather facing a novice in boxing. McGregor has never fought in a boxing ring, and he’ll be going into the Mayweather fight with no experience in the sport.
This Saturday night, Demetrius ‘Boo Boo’ Andrade (23-0) travels to Germany to challenge Jack Culcay (22-1), for the WBA world super-welterweight championship, live on Sky Sports 2HD in the UK. The former undefeated WBO champion, at the same weight, looks to regain some momentum in his career after fighting only three times since winning that belt in November 2013. Last week Demetrius took some time to talk with me over the phone about Saturday’s fight and what happened after he became world champion when he was forced to relinquish the gold.
Fresh off his debut at middleweight last Saturday night, Demetrius “Boo Boo” Andrade (25-0, 16 KOs) has reportedly vacated his WBA 154lb. title following his 12 round unanimous decision over Alantez Fox (23-1-1, 11 KOs) at the Turning Stone in Verona, New York.
Deontay Wilder says Anthony Joshua never wanted to fight him, and that’s he’s a “coward” for not facing him in a unification fight. Wilder says Joshua wasted three months by taking up a fight against him, but then failing to take it. After the negotiations with Wilder fell apart this week, Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs) will be defending against his WBA mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin next in September.
WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) has a lot of pressure on him this Saturday in his rematch against the inactive 39-year-old Stiverne (25-2-1, 21 KOs) at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Tony Bellew’s win over David Haye last Saturday night makes him an option for WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder’s next title defense. Wilder’s promoter Lou Dibella says that they would consider fighting Bellew. WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker is the fight that Wilder and Dibella really want most of all.
That would be a unification fight. Bellew would be another voluntary defense for Wilder, who has already have 5 of them since winning the WBC title two years ago in 2015. If the World Boxing Council lets Wilder take a 6th consecutive voluntary defense, then Bellew (29-2, 19 KOs) would be a possibility.
Deontay Wilder responded back to Anthony Joshua on Monday in addressing the comments he made to media about wanting to jam a jab down his throat. Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) took 7 hours to respond to Joshua’s message, and when he did, he didn’t like the way he worded his comments, and that he’s going to teach him how to talk.
Deontay Wilder really let Anthony Joshua have it on Monday for his decision to demand their unification fight take place in the UK instead of the U.S and failing to agree to the terms of the $50 million offer. Wilder Let Joshua know that he sees him as a phony, a guy talks brave, but who doesn’t walk the talk.
A fight between WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder and undefeated contender Luis “King Kong” Ortiz is in the works for the fall on Showtime Championship Boxing, according to RingTV.com. However, #1 WBC Bermane Stiverne is Deontay’s mandatory at this time.
WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) vs. Luis “King Kong” Ortiz (27-0, 23 KOs) has been officially announced for November 4 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Matchroom Sport promoter Eddie Hearn wants WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) to get his fighter #5 WBC Dillian Whyte (21-1, 15 KOs) a title shot in what would be a voluntary defense for Wilder in September or October or possibly later. Deontay has a mandatory defense due against Bermane Stivern, the #1 WBC ranked contender.
Page 10 of 38