Daniel Jacobs (34-2, 29 KOs) and Sergiy Derevyanchenko (12-0, 10 KOs) is now official for November 10 for the vacant IBF middleweight title on HBO, according to ESPN. Jacobs-Derevyanchenko will be the headliner fight. The undercard still hasn’t been put together at this time.
Former WBA middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs (34-2, 29 KOs) and Sergiy Derevyanchenko (12-0, 10 KOs) are heading for November 10 for their clash for the vacant International Boxing Federation 160-pound title on HBO at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York.
The November 10 date still isn’t official as of yet, but that’s the date Jacobs’ and Derevyanchenko’s management are working on, according to Dan Rafael.
Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter will be fighting on September 8 for the vacant WBC welterweight title rather than the previously talked about date of August 25, according to Boxingtalk.com. The September 8 date has still not been officially announced.
The two former world champions will be going after the WBC 147lb title that was recently vacated by inactive fighter Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman.
Former middleweight world champion Danny Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) will be fighting on October 14 against an opponent still to be determined on Premier Boxing champions on Fox at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Saul “Canelo” Alvarez says he knows he’s going to beat Gennady Golovkin, and he’s always known that he was going to be the one to defeat him. Canelo says he doesn’t want to do a lot of talking but on September 16th, he’s going to show the boxing world what he’s already know when he meets up with the 35-year-old Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs).
In a real surprising move, former WBA World middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) has signed with British promoter Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Sport promotions. Jacobs is known in the U.S. following his close 12 round unanimous decision loss to middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin last March on HBO PPV.
Danny Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) will be fighting for the first time with his new promoters at Matchroom Boxing against Luis Arias (18-0, 9 KOs) on November 11 on HBO at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York. The Jacobs-Arias fight was announced to the public on Tuesday at a press conference in New York City.
Former middleweight champion Danny Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) is picking Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs) to defeat the highly popular Mexican PPV attraction Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (49-1-1, 34 KOs) this Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Jacobs says Golovkin’s size, power and his experience in the 160 lb. division will be the telling factors in him beating Canelo.
WBC super middleweight champion David Benavidez has reportedly tested positive for a banned substance benzoylecgonin, which an ingredient in the illegal drug cocaine. WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman broke the news about Benavidez’s positive test on Tuesday.
The positive test came from a urine sample collected on August 27 according to ESPN. Benavidez has the option of having his B-sample tested.
In an off performance, a very lackadaisical looking 20-year-old David Benavidez (19-0, 17 KOs) became the youngest fighter to ever win a super middleweight title in defeating Ronald Gavril (18-2, 14 KOs) by a 12 round split decision to win the vacant WBC 168 lb. title on Friday night on Showtime Boxing from the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
#2 WBC Anthony Dirrell suffered an injury training for his scheduled title fight against David Benavidez (18-0, 17 KOs) for the vacant WBC super middleweight title on September 9 in Los Angeles, California. The World Boxing Council is planning on replacing the 32-year-old Dirrell (30-1-1, 24 KOs) with No.8 WBC Ronald Gavril (18-1, 14 KOs).
According to David Haye (28-3, 26 KOs), he won the battle of the mind games on Thursday’s press conference with Tony Bellew (29-2-1, 19 KOs) for their rematch on Saturday at the O2 Arena in London, England.
Bellew lost his cool and pushed Haye at the press conference when the two of them were head to head. I think the pressure is starting to get to Bellew, and he doesn’t know what to do to try and gain an edge.
Despite David Haye saying earlier on Tuesday that the deal was done for him to face former cruiserweight world champion Tony Bellew in a rematch, promoter Eddie Hearn says the deal for the fight still isn’t done yet. Hearn hopes to have the fighters sign a contract by next week so he can make an announcement.
Bellew (29-2-1, 19 KOs) beat Haye by an 11th round knockout on March 4 in London, England. Haye suffered a bad Achilles tendon tear in round 6, and he was too injured to put up much of a fight. The match should have been stopped due to the injury. It’s hard not to imagine a ringside doctor not stopping the contest if it had taken place in the U.S.
Former middleweight champion David Lemieux (38-4, 33 KOs) came in overweight at 162 pounds at Friday’s weigh-in for his fight against Karim Achour (26-4-3, 4 KOs) this Saturday night at the Centre Videoton, in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. Coming in overweight has hurt Lemieux in the pocketbook with his purse for the fight slashed by 20%. Lemieux looked sickly at Friday’s weight. He had dark shadows under both eyes.
#3 WBC David Lemieux (36-3, 32 KOs) weighed in at 159 pounds on Friday for his 12 round middleweight fight against #2 WBC Curtis Stevens (29-5, 21 KOs) for their fight this Saturday night at the Events Center at Turning Stone Resort & Casino. Stevens weighed in at 158.25 pounds. HBO Boxing After Dark [BAD] will be televising the Lemieiux-Stevens fight on their network.
David Lemieux will be fighting this Saturday night against Karim Achour in a 12 round fight at the Centre Videotron in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. Lemieux’s management has found what they obviously hope is an easy mark in 31-year-old France-based Karim Achour (26-4-3, 4 KOs).
Oscar De La Hoya likes Saul Canelo Alvarez’s chances of handling Gennady “GGG” Golovkin’s power to go on and defeat him this weekend in the battle between the 2 best fighters in the 160 pound division.
Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) might not be facing Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) next year on May 5, says Golden Boy Promotions boss Oscar De La Hoya. He says there are still other options out there that they’re considering in Daniel Jacobs and the winner of the Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux fight.
De La Hoya says Canelo will decide when they sit down and talk in the next few weeks. Canelo is the one that will be making the choice of who he wants. On one hand, De La Hoya says it’s up to the boxing public to decide who Canelo fights next, but on the other, he says it’s up to him. In other words, Canelo could elect to go against the wishes of the boxing public if they decide they want to see him face Golovkin in a rematch.
Oscar De La Hoya says the negotiations between Saul Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin are very close to being done. He’s feeling confident that the rematch between GGG and Alvarez can be completed in the next several days for September 15 on HBO PPV. However, at the same time, De La Hoya trashes Golovkin (38-0-1, 34 KOs) for him recently asking for a 50-50 purse split for the fight with Canelo.
Golden Boy Promotions boss Oscar De La Hoya has confirmed that Saul Canelo Alvarez will be fighting IBF/IBO/WBA/WBC middleweight champion Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) in a rematch on September 15.
De La Hoya says Canelo will not only fight Golovkin, but he’s also going thrash him. De La Hoya thinks Canelo has been given a bum rap over his positive tests for clenbuterol, and he thinks a lot of boxing fans are going to dislike him because of that.
Page 9 of 38