Jon Jones says a bout against Stipe Miocic would not be a “real super fight.” I disagree.
After winning back his light heavyweight title, Jon Jones immediately called out Brock Lesnar. The fight would surely do big numbers, but it’s not the most realistic of options, as there’s a lot of hurdles to overcome concerning Lesnar’s suspension or even his real motives for publicly “accepting” the fight.
Jones’ B sample returned with the same result, flagging the steroid Turinabol in Jones’ test.
Jon Jones has failed his B sample drug test with another positive test for Turinabol. The failure stemmed from a sample taken surrounding his UFC 214 bout against Daniel Cormier, for the promotion’s light heavyweight title. Jones won the bout by KO in the third round. ESPN first reported the news of the secondary sample coming back positive. USADA has since confirmed that Jones’ B sample did not differentiate from his A sample.
Things continue to heat up on social media between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier.
Jon Jones has been tag-teamed by Daniel Cormier and Alexander Gustafsson this week, regarding his failed USADA drug test at UFC 200.
Gustafsson, who lost to Jones via decision in a championship epic at UFC 172, claimed in a recent interview with Ariel Helwani that 'Bones' has probably been using performance-enhancing drugs for a 'long time' and believes he was using illegal substances in their five-round classic in 2013.
Jon Jones has tested positive for steroids in his UFC 214 victory over Daniel Cormier . Jones tested positive for Turinabol -- an anabolic steroid. Last 2016 tested positive for banned substances before UFC 200 and was pulled from the main event. Jones got socked with a 1 year ban.
The UFC rankings have taken a major hit. Over the weekend, the promotion removed three of their stars from the rankings due to those fighters being flagged by USADA for failed tests. One of them was Jon Jones, the UFC interim light heavyweight champion.
Jon Jones seems confident that he won't be sitting on the sidelines much longer.
The interim light-heavyweight champion is currently on a temporary suspension after testing positive for a pair of anti-estrogen drugs in the lead up to his last scheduled fight against Daniel Cormier at UFC 200.
Jon Jones says he is now learning to embrace his antagonist image.
In preparation for the grudge rematch between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones at UFC 214, the UFC put out a promotional video entitled “Tame Your Demons”. It basically highlighted the respective titles runs of both men, and it obviously included Jones’ run-ins with the law that led to the stripping of his title, as well his drug test mishaps.
Another day, another war of words between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones.
The feud between current UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and former champ Jon Jones has been going on seemingly forever. There was plenty of talk before their first bout in January of 2015, which Jones won, and it has never waned since.
Almost three years ago, Jon Jones warned Daniel Cormier about the left head kick that cost him the fight at UFC 214.
There’s ‘Mystic Mac’, and there’s Jon Jones.
It could just be that, the left head kick that ‘Bones’ landed on Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 had been in the making for almost three years.
Jon Jones is willing to bury the hatchet with Daniel Cormier, but under one condition.
The rivalry between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones has been running since 2014 when they first laid hands on each other during the UFC 178 pre-fight media day. Since then, the UFC light heavyweight title had changed hands and both fighters had been on different paths, but the bad blood has remained at its boiling point.
Jon Jones reacts to the slight controversy during Daniel Cormier’s weigh-ins on Friday morning.
During UFC 210’s official weigh-ins on Friday morning, Daniel Cormier stepped onto the scales twice. After initially tipping the scales at 206.2 pounds, he briefly stepped out and went back in two minutes later weighing in on the dot at the 205-pound mark.
Jose Aldo isn’t concerned about who is next opponent is, but he really wants to fight at UFC 217 on Nov. 4.
Jose Aldo might be considering a career in boxing, but the former UFC featherweight champion can’t wait to return to the Octagon.
In a recent interview at his burger joint, ‘Famous Burger’ in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, ‘Scarface’ said it would be a ‘dream’ to fight at the upcoming UFC 217 pay-per-view in New York City.
Jose Aldo is happy to stay at featherweight instead of pursuing a lightweight title fight against Conor McGregor.
The loss to Conor McGregor might sting, but Jose Aldo has moved on and wants to re-establish himself as the best featherweight in the world.
Aldo, 30, was determined for a rematch with ‘The Notorious’ at lightweight, but his priorities have changed since losing the 145-pound title to Max Holloway at UFC 212.
UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has resigned himself to never getting the chance to avenge his loss to Conor McGregor.
Jose Aldo is gearing up for a featherweight title unification bout with Max Holloway at UFC 212. This will count as a title defense for Aldo, and it represents his first one since the infamous 13-second KO loss to Conor McGregor at UFC 194. McGregor “relinquished” his belt and currently possesses the lightweight strap, and is otherwise pursuing a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather.
RIO DE JANEIRO – Jose Aldo’s vicious leg kicks have acquired a reputation of their own over the years. And, in case anyone missed them during his last performance, there was a logical – and potentially paranoia-inducing – explanation.
Jose Aldo wants to leave the UFC and the sport for good, and says that not even an offer to rematch Conor McGregor would change his mind.
Six months after losing his featherweight belt to "The Notorious" in December, Aldo got back inside the Octagon to rematch Frankie Edgar for the interim title at UFC 200. Almost three months have passed since his unanimous decision victory, and the Brazilian is now asking to be released from his contract.
UFC interim featherweight champion Jose Aldo might not be done with fighting after all.
Jose Aldo, retired fighter? Not so fast.
If there is any person in mixed martial arts who has nearly seen it all, it might be UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett. The fighter has done two stints in the UFC, fought in virtually every other organization that mattered, won titles and even matured into a new nickname.
Ever since falling short in his bid to capture the ONE Strawweight World Championship title over a year ago, Filipino standout Joshua “The Passion” Pacio was a man on a mission to get a rematch with division kingpin Yoshitaka Naito.
After redeeming himself by notching a split decision victory over former champion Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke this past March, it seemed that Pacio was one bout away from securing a second encounter with Naito when he faced Hayato Suzuki on the main card of ONE: KINGS & CONQUERORS in August.
After nearly capturing the ONE Strawweight World Championship belt five months ago, the road back to earning another title shot commences for Joshua Pacio as the highly-touted Filipino fighter is set to duke it out with former world titleholder Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke.
Both men are scheduled to face each other on the undercard of ONE: WARRIOR KINGDOM, which takes place at the 12,000-capacity Impact Arena in Bangkok, Thailand on Saturday, 11 March.
Page 18 of 41