Unbeaten light heavyweight contender Marcus Browne (20-0, 15 KOs) obliterated previously unbeaten #6 WBO Sean Monaghan (28-1, 17 KOs) by a 2 round knockout on Saturday night on Premier Boxing Champions on Fox FSI at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York.
Browne, 26, knocked the 35-year-old Monaghan down with a left hand to the head in the 1st round. In round 2, Browne hurt Monaghan with a flurry of shots that caused referee Steve Willis to step in and halt the fight.
Antonio Margarito called out Saul Canelo Alvarez and Miguel Cotto last Saturday night after beating Canelo’s brother Ramon Alvarez by a 10 round split decision in Rosarito, Mexico. It was Margarito’s second win since coming back from a long 4 ½ year retirement from boxing.
Antonio Margarito (40-8, 27 KOs) is counting on fighting a viscous war with Carson Jones (40-11-3, 30 KOs) tonight in their 10-round scheduled bout at the Gimnasio Manuel Bernardo Aguirre, in Chihuahua, Mexico. Margarito-Jones will be televised tonight on Beinsports espanol.
Maurice “Mighty Mo” Hooker (20-0-2, 15 KO’S) from Dallas, Texas is ranked in the top ten by the WBO as a junior welterweight.
Former world title challenger Mauricio Herrera (24-7, 7 KOs) overcame a bad cut suffered in the 9th round to go on and defeat high level journeyman Jesus Soto Karass (28-12-4, 18 KOs0 by a 10-round majority decision on Friday night on ESPN in welterweight action at the Fantasy Springs Casino, in Indio, California.
"God only made one thing in this world that's perfect-and that's my boxing record."
--Floyd Mayweather Jr.
By Alex P. Vidal
NEW YORK CITY -- There was no need for Floyd Mayweather Jr. (50-0, 27 KOs) to run away to seal another win.
As boxing's Albert Eisnstein, Mayweather's mass-energy equivalence was his potent jab-straight combo, enough to wreck ambitious mixed martial arts (MMA) boss Gregor McGregor (0-1, 0 KOs) via 10th round technical knockout (TKO) on August 27 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. thinks Kell Brook’s timing is bad with him having to face a very dangerous fighter in unbeaten Errol Spence (21-0, 18 KOs) immediately after his grueling fight against middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin last September.
Brook lost that fight by a 5th round TKO, and he was injured with his right eye socket busting from a hard punch. Brook and Spence will be fighting on May 27, according to Brook’s promoter Eddie Hearn. That fight will likely be at Bramall Lane in Sheffield. UK.
Former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. has officially given up on the idea of fighting UFC star Conor McGregor. The 39-year-old Mayweather says he attempted to put the fight together but he couldn’t do it. Why exactly the fight couldn’t get made is unclear, but it might be due to the money.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. beats Conor McGregor in round 10 Via Technical Knockout. Mayweather to take his record to 50-0.He passes Rocky Marciano for most wins without a loss/draw in boxing history. Mayweather backed McGregor onto the ropes with a series of rights and lefts. McGregor’s face was completely bloodied. He was about to fall through the ropes, and the referee stepped in to stop the fight with 1:55 remaining in the round.
In what has to be seen as bad news for Manny Pacquiao and his promoter Bob Arum, superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr. is showing no interest in coming out of retirement to continue his boxing career. Mayweather (49-0, 26 KOs), says he’s an “old man” now and he wants to treat his body good by using his head.
Floyd Mayweather Jr says Saul “Canelo” Alvarez’s advantage in big fight experience will lead to him knocking out Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in the later rounds this Saturday night in their bout at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Mayweather suggests that because Canelo has been in the ring with himself, Miguel Cotto and Erislandy Lara, it means that he’ll beat Chavez Jr.
Sparking rumors that an official announcement regarding a fight between Conor McGregor, the biggest name in MMA, and Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather is finally imminent, Mayweather’s promotional company has booked the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on both the 25th and 26th of August. This booking has been confirmed on the Hotel and Casino’s website. Mayweather made the MGM his home away from home in fighting no less than the final twelve fights of his career at the venue (beginning with Oscar De La Hoya and ending with Andre Berto), and should a deal between the two be agreed it is difficult to envisage the duel being held anywhere else.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. says he’s not in favor of having WBO junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez fight middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin right now. Mayweather feels that the fight still needs to be built more before it takes place. He thinks it’s still too early yet for Canelo to be fighting Golovkin.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. appears to have someone in Conor McGregor’s camp that has given him the game plan for how he’ll be trying to beat him on August 26. Mayweather, 40, isn’t saying who gave him McGregor’s game plan, but it looks like he may have a spy in his camp.
It’s not as if Mayweather really needs the secret info on McGregor’s game plan. Aside from McGregor mugging Mayweather on the inside using an MMA attack plan, there’s not much he’s going to be able to do that he hasn’t seen before.
Floyd Mayweather says he can make $1 billion if he makes a comeback and agrees to a 3 to 4 fight deal with the UFC. Mayweather (50-0, 27 KOs) says he was given an over to comeback to fight in the octagon. Mayweather, 40, isn’t saying who made him the offer.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. is planning on making it an offensive fight against Conor McGregor on August 26. Mayweather says he owes it to the boxing fans to pay them back for his fight against Manny Pacquiao in 2015, which the fans weren’t pleased with. The fans were upset at both fighters for their lack of aggression.
Mayweather says he’s not going to make it defensive against the 29-year-old McGregor when he meets him on Showtime pay-per-view at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. doesn’t see his fight with Conor McGregor going the full 12 rounds on August 26. Mayweather sees it as a very serious fight that is going to end with one of the two getting knocked out when they meet up on Showtime PPV at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Former welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather said Wednesday he was "interested" in a fight with Conor McGregor and had already offered the mixed martial arts star $15 million to climb into the ring with him.
Mayweather, who retired in 2015 with a perfect 49-0 record, told ESPN's First Take program that a McGregor bout was the only thing that could tempt him to end his exile from the ring.
The 39-year-old was responding to a question about whether he would consider a rematch with Filipino star Manny Pacquiao following the duo's much-heralded "Fight of the Century" two years ago.
Floyd Mayweather Sr. says he will personally sue Conor McGregor if he chooses to fight dirty and foul Floyd Mayweather Jr. in their fight on August 26. There’s a lot of speculation about whether McGregor will elect to use his MMA skills to knockout or incapacitate Mayweather Jr. in their fight.
Some boxing and MMA fans think McGregor could gain a lot of respect if he were to lose the fight by a disqualification by using one of his UFC fighting techniques to hurt Mayweather. Floyd Sr. says he will not stand for that. He’ll launch a lawsuit on his son’s behalf against McGregor.
Saturday the 26th saw a Mayweather fight plan so sublime it was almost too good for words. Only its execution could be truly descriptive enough to do it justice. In claiming the ‘Golden Fleece’ of boxing by beating the great Rocky Marciano’s record Mayweather stamped his claim to greatness alongside luminaries such as Sugar Ray Leonard, Roy Jones Jr and so on.
Page 24 of 38