Boxing

Boxing

  • Chris Eubank Jr. defends against Arthur Abraham this Sat.

    IBO super middleweight champion Chris Eubank Jr. (24-1, 19 KOs) will be facing one of his toughest challenges of his career next Saturday night on July 15 in defending his IBO belt against Arthur Abraham (46-5, 30 KOs) at the Wembley Arena in London, England.

    This is a fight that will be shown on pay-per-view for the boxing fans interested in seeing it badly enough. It’s a good fight, but as a PPV fight, it’s going to be a tough sell. The 37-year-old Abraham is only 2 fights removed from his one-sided 12 round unanimous decision loss to Gilberto “Zurdo” Ramirez last year in April 2016. That fight left a strong imprint in the minds of a lot of boxing fans with the way that Abraham was so badly dominated by Ramirez.

  • Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Arthur Abraham – Results

    IBO super middleweight champion Chris Eubank Jr. (25-1, 19 KOs) outclassed an aging former 2 division world champion Arthur Abraham (46-6, 30 KOs) in winning a 12 round unanimous decision on Saturday night at the Wembley Arena in London, England. The judges scored the fight 118-110, 118-110 and 120-108. Boxing News 24 scored the fight to Eubank Jr. by 9 rounds to 3 score.

  • Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Avni Yildirim – Results

    IBO super middleweight champion Chris “Next Gen” Eubank Jr. (26-1, 20 KOs) used his hand speed advantage to stop the over-matched previously undefeated Avni “Mr. Robot” Yildirim (16-1, 10 KOs) in the 3rd round in the World Boxing Super Series (WBSS) tournament on Saturday night at the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer Arena in Stuttgart, Germany.

  • Chris Eubank Jr. wants to fight on Joshua-Molina card

    Middleweight contender Chris Eubank Jr. wants to be added to the December 10 card headlined by IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua vs. Erick Molina at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England. The card will be televised by Sky Box Office pay-per-view. The 27-year-old Eubank Jr.

  • Cleverly vs. Braehmer: Does Nathan deserve this fight?

    Nathan Cleverly will be getting a world title shot in less than two months against WBA World light heavyweight champion Juergen Braehmer on October 1 at the Neubrandenburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany. Cleverly (29-3, 15 KOs) isn’t ranked in the top 15 by any of the sanctioning bodies right now, and it’s really not surprising given that he’s lost two out of his last three fights in the last two years.

  • Cleverly vs. Jack: Nathan sounding overconfident

    WBA World light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly (30-3, 16 KOs) thinks former 168 lb. world champion Badou Jack (21-1-2, 12 KOs) lacks the required experience in the 175 lb. division for him to win on Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

    Jack, 33, will be making the move up to light heavyweight against Cleverly in his first fight in that weight class. The World Boxing Association didn’t have any problems with Jack going straight to the head of the line despite him never having fought in that weight class.

  • Coach: Jose Aldo wants to finish UFC contract and pursue boxing ‘dream’

    Andre Pederneiras says Jose Aldo wants to pursue a professional career in boxing.

    Even before Conor McGregor was booked to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr., Jose Aldo expressed his desire to compete in the boxing ring.

    "Yes, I think about having a career in boxing, but I want to start from the bottom, start from zero. I want to get ranked and one day fight for a belt,” Aldo said in an interview earlier in January.

  • Conor McGregor calls early stoppage in Floyd Mayweather bout: ‘Let the man put me down’

    Following his defeat at the hands of Floyd Mayweather Jr. on Saturday, Conor McGregor was grateful for the opportunity to share the ring with one of boxing’s biggest stars, but he would have liked a little more time to work.

    Referee Robert Byrd stepped in to wave off their bout and award Mayweather the match by 10th-round TKO in the main event at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. McGregor was not knocked down at any point in the match, but the finish came after a series of unanswered blows from Mayweather that left the UFC lightweight champion on the ropes.

  • Conor McGregor still interested in Mayweather fight

    Conor McGregor, one of the best fighters in UFC, says he’s still interested in fighting boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr. if he comes up with the money to make the fight happen. McGregor, 27, reportedly wants a 50-50 deal to fight Mayweather, and he says he would go into the match confident that he would beat him in a boxing ring.

  • Conor McGregor: ‘100 percent’ my next fight will be in boxing, Mayweather and UFC like ‘good business’

    Conor McGregor is confident that he will compete in boxing, not MMA, on his next bout.

    Conor McGregor doubled up on recent talks about a possible boxing match with Floyd Mayweather. According to the 2-division MMA champion, whether the UFC is on board on not, he is confident his next bout will be in a ring instead of a cage.

  • Cotto looks to win WBO title against Kamegai on Sat.

    Miguel Cotto will be looking to win the vacant WBO junior middleweight title this Saturday night against Yoshihiro Kamegai at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. Unless Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs) has lost his boxing skills in the 20 months he’s been out of the ring since his last fight, he should have an easy time defeating the 34-year-old Kamegai (27-3-2, 24 KOs) this Saturday night on HBO Championship Boxing.

  • Cotto vs. Lemieux in play for Dec.2 on HBO in New York

    Miguel Cotto and David Lemieux could be facing each other on December 2 on HBO at Madison Square Garden in New York, according to Dan Rafael. If Cotto (41-5, 33 KOs) and Lemieux (38-3, 33 KOs) don’t face each other on that date, then Lemieux will still wind up on the undercard in the co-feature.

    Cotto, 36, would obviously be in the main event still, but against another opponent. This would likely be on HBO pay-per-view for the Cotto vs. Lemieux fight.

  • Crawford calls out Danny Garcia

    Terence Crawford called out World Boxing Council welterweight champion Danny Garcia (32-0, 18 KOs) for a fight earlier on Monday. Crawford sent a message to the unbeaten Garcia on Twitter, saying that he just beat the fighter that he didn’t want to fight in Viktor Postol.

  • Crawford doesn’t care about Postol’s height & reach advantage

    WBO light welterweight champion Terence “Bud” Crawford (28-0, 20 KOs) will be giving away three inches in height and reach to the 5’11” WBC 140lb champion Victor Postol (28-0, 12 KOs) this Saturday night in their fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

  • Crawford faces Diaz this Saturday on HBO

    WBA/WBC light welterweight champion Terence “Bud” Crawford (30-0, 21 KOs) will be inside the ring defending his titles this Saturday night against 2008 Olympic gold medalist Felix Diaz (19-1, 8 KOs) on HBO World Championship Boxing at Madison Square Garden in New York. It’s nice to see Crawford fighting in a different venue than in Omaha, Nebraska, where he’s been fighting a lot lately.

  • Crawford fights Indongo on ESPN this Sat, hopes to broaden fan base

    Light welterweight champion Terence Crawford fights Julius Indongo on Saturday night in front of what is expected to be a sellout crowd of 10,000 fans at the Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Nebraska.

    Crawford, 29, is from nearby Omaha, Nebraska, hence that’s the main reason for him to be fighting in that state instead of the more traditional big fight locations like Las Vegas, Nevada, California and New York. Crawford is able to draw in Nebraska, but he has a lot of work to do before he can pull in boxing fans outside of his home state.

  • Crawford not likely to get Danny Garcia fight

    Terence Crawford took some shots at WBC welterweight champion Danny Garcia this week on Twitter for some unknown reason. Garcia took the high road by not firing back on the 28-year-old Crawford (29-0, 20 KOs) Crawford the way he would have if he had wanted to. Crawford’s trash talking won’t lead to him getting a fight against Garcia.

  • Crawford says he’ll fight Errol Spence soon

    Terence “Bud” Crawford says he’ll be fighting IBF welterweight champion Errol “The Truth” Spence Jr. (22-0, 19 KOs), and he questions what’s so special about him. Crawford says he’s now fighting at 147 despite him not having given up all of his 140 lb. titles.

  • Crawford unhappy at not getting Pacquiao fight, seeing him lose to Horn

    Terence Crawford took to social media last Saturday night to complain bitterly about him not being allowed to fight Manny Pacquiao, and then the Filipino star losing to Australian Jeff Horn (17-0-1, 11 KOs) in Brisbane. Crawford didn’t say who wouldn’t let him fight Pacquio (59-7-2, 38 KOs), but it seemed to me like he might have been talking about his promoters.

  • Crawford vs. Indongo: Can you recall the last undisputed 140 Champion?

    Next Saturday, on August 19 at the Pinnacle Bank Arena, Lincoln, Nebraska, two boxers – Terence Crawford and Julius Indongo – will fight to earn the distinction to be called undefeated, undisputed Champion of the World. It’s disappointing that the circus exhibition bout keeps on getting that much attention from the major sports media puppets and instead this solid boxing bout it’s been quite overlooked.